SEARS KENMORE ELITE REFRIGERATOR

2555 of 3985 Sears reviews

February 24, we received delivery of our Kenmore Elite Refrigerator from Sears's delivery. When plugged it made a loud, continuous noise. A replacement refrigerator is scheduled for delivery on Wednesday, February 29th. After extensive research online and reviews indicate on-going problems with the Kenmore Elite.

We paid $2,599.99 for our unit on 02/28/12; from June 19 – 22, 2011, the unit was offered for $2,249.99, a difference of $300.00. To secure our piece of mind and honor Sear's dedication to customer service I am requesting that this $300.00 dollar difference be applied towards the 5-Year Home Master Protection Agreement $549.99 for Model 72053 Kenmore Elite 31 cu.ft. French door. This will leave a balance of $249.99 for the Protection Agreement, to be paid immediately by myself.

I am requesting immediate resolution. Sears response, "NO!"

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 7 Yes 7
2555 of 3985 Sears reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Rogerwilco357

Jun 27, 2014 #832661

get the protection plan you will need it I have had nothing but issues from broken ice racks,to shelves giving way and breaking no more milk gallons will that door hold not that it ever did except in the first 6 months. Then the error codes started 2 freezer fans later. then the water line went out and flooded my kitchen floor no more water thru the door yeah nice and i paid 2300.00 dollars for this . My moms fridge ran all my life and still runs . makes me wonder if these new appliances are nothing but a waste of money. all i want is it to keep my food cold , drinks cold and freezer to freeze don't care about the fancy temp lcd readout never had one before and my hamburger meat and pizzas stayed frozen lol that fridge was like 600 bucks...so disappointed in kenmore and sears for selling these items don't get me started on the fancy washer and dryer my wife bought oh but it steams and sanitizes with steam lol so did my 200 dollar washer and clorox put out tidy white E's every time cost of the new mating 1k plus dryer 1.5k 2.5k to wash and dry lol...we americans are a funny bunch.

1 0 Reply
Rock City

Jan 09, 2014 #770928

This sounds like a common problem with this model of the Kenmore Elite refridgerator. Because I just encountered the same problem myself I have seen many comments throughout the internet with people having the same concerns. It seems Sears knows about the problem and has a repair kit to fix it, but not offer a recall on the known problem. It will cost the consumer $500 to get a qualified Sears technician to repair said problem. I have purchased many kitchen items from Sears with excellent results, but if this is how they handle known problems involving a $2500.00 item, this may be my last.

2 0 Reply
Maria

Nov 26, 2013 #747979

We bought this same refrigerator in May 2012 and in the first year had the same problem happen a number of times. So bad I had the technician prescheduled to come for repairs. Fan was replaced the first time but it still continued to happen. I had one technician tell me I was leaving the door open(***)! Spoke to Sears and was told if it happened one more time in the warranty period they would replace it, needless to say that never happened and now 6 months after the warrant has expired I am experiencing the same problem! UGH! I am so disappointed in this refrigerator and would not recommend it to anyone. Shame on you Sears

3 0 Reply

Nov 24, 2013 #747175 Englewood, Colorado, United States

I have owned this refrigerator for 6 month and have this code. I contacted sears and the scheduled a repair 9 days out now at day 7 they are saying it will probably be delayed because they don't have the part. From the number of issues with this code they should be making plenty of the parts. No more kenmore appliances for me!

3 0 Reply
TreatUsRight

Dec 27, 2012 #586698

Buyer beware. We've had this Kenmore frig for 11 months and it keeps breaking. There's a fan/motor assembly that begins making a grinding noise, graduating up to the sound of a B1 Bomber before it finally quits. We get error code ER 1F and Ice melts down the door. We have the extended warranty, but because THREE of the incidents haven't occurred within 60 days of each other, Sears won't honor the lemon clause. Researching on the Web, I see others have similar problems ... and no help from Sears. Brian, I see your post below...I contacted the Escalations team and was called back by Angie, a manager, who is not willing to help. Our escalation case number is 1188893. If Sears truly does care, I'd appreciate your help in replacing this defective unit.

1 0 Reply
Again

Mar 06, 2012 #443775

Im sorry but if you had bought the fridge while it was on sale you could have had this price. You are being though a typical consumer who moans to get their way. You do not deserve a $300.00 credit. You also should try contacting the company instead of putting a complaint up on this site. Further the next time you buy an appliance and wonder why the price is out of control you can think back to you crazy demand of $300. and I will immediatly pay bla bla bla.

2 2 Reply

Sears Response Mar 01, 2012

Dear Hpetshorab,
My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. After reading your post, I have to say I am very concerned, and would like to offer my team's help in making this right. I apologize for the headache and hassle you've encountered with your refrigerator. I can certainly understand how receiving a new refrigerator, and all ready having trouble with the unit would be more than a little frustrating. We can help! At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name Hpetshorab you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.
Brian S.
Social Media Moderator
Sears Social Media Support

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.