I received an error message on my new refrigerator on 10/05/13. When I called support they we're quick to advise of an issue known to them regarding error message Er1F.

Immediately parts were ordered and replaced. The day after my call, my refrigerator began spilling out water all over my new hickory wood floor causing an estimated $2000 damage to the floor alone not including damage to the cabinets and cost to repair as we would need to move cabinets and risk breaking my granite counter top. Sears transferred me to Sedgwick and I reported my claim. shortly after, I received response from LG who manufactured my appliance and I had to submit another claim and documentation.

I received a new claim # and have not been able to speak with the asst claim manager who was assigned. We are going on 4 months now and no resolution, unable to speak with anyone from LG, calls not being returned, and they are referring me back to Sears.

What a nightmare! A $2000 refrigerator just under a year old ruined my kitchen and unable to talk to anyone who can help!

Comments

SearsCares

Jkmmgood,

My name is Tony and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We appreciate you making us aware of the refrigerator troubles that you have recently encountered.

The aggravation that you must feel with the refrigerator having failed shortly after the initial repair and thus causing floor damage is certainly understandable and we would be happy to step in and assist appropriately in locating a resolution for you. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can get this resolved for you. In the email please provide a contact number and the phone number the washer, dryer and refrigerator were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly.

In addition, please include your Screen name (Jkmmgood) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Tony