With Company response Not resolved

Update by user Jan 22, 2013

Update - Since my last complaint, I have been in touch with the Sears social media customer service via email (smsupport@searshc.com). After communicating back and forth, I am happy to report that Sears sent out a technician to look at my freezer and had it fixed at no charge to me. My freezer is working again.

Original review posted by user Nov 28, 2012

I bought a Kenmore 5.1 cu ft chest freezer (Kenmore Model 255.19702010) in September of 2011.This past week the freezer died suddenly.

I called Sears and was conveniently told my one year warranty was over. I got the run around from customer service and was given different numbers to call. Sears and Kenmore continue to sell these freezers even though a lot of customers have documented complaints online. There is also an energy rebate claim on this freezer because they are not as efficient as advertized.

I am not happy with sears or kenmore and I really do want my money back.Please save yourself the trouble and the money-STAY AWAY from this brand- stay away from Sears/Kenmore products!!

Comments

Lexington, North Carolina, United States #597198

Glad it's fixed!

SearsCares
Sears Response

icyspicy,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the difficulty you have experienced with your freezer. I understand how frustrating it is to purchase a freezer and it suddenly stopped working properly. Even more, I can see how irritating it is to receive poor customer service when you contacted us. My name is Liz and I am with the Sears Social Media Support Team. We would like the opportunity to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you with possible options to resolve this matter. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number that the freezer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (icyspicy) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.