With Company response Not resolved

Our small fridge was a little over 3 years old. We purchased a "Master Protection Agreement" about 6 months ago.

It stopped cooling.

We scheduled a first in-home repair visit.

The 2 contracted repairmen were nice, but quite honestly, clearly had no idea what was wrong. They called somebody at Sears. I have no idea how it was possible, but the Sears phone person determined the "control board" was faulty. So they ordered a new control board and scheduled another appointment with us for a week later.

One week later, the same 2 contracted repairmen returned and installed the control board. The fridge still was not cooling. They ordered a new fan and scheduled another appointment with us for a week later.

One week later, the same 2 contracted repairmen returned and installed the new fan. The fridge still was not cooling. So finally they investigated further and found leaking oil and coolant behind the back panel.

When I expressed frustration that they were now going to order more parts and have to return a fourth time, the repairmen explained how it was not their fault. [How was it not their fault for not opening the back panel from the outset to fully investigate the problem?]

When I called Sears again, first I was told that it was impossible to offer any compensation because their records showed that only 1 repair visit had been made. So I put them on the phone with the repairman, who was still in my home. He told Sears that he had been there 3 times.

I was then passed to a Sears Customer Solution specialist. I asked for either a new fridge or to just take the broken one to a repair shop somewhere, fix it there, and then return it to me, so at least I would not have to keep missing work. She said neither of those solutions were options, but she did offer me a $50 gift card (or a 3 month extension of the Master Protection Agreement) to compensate me for my trouble and the 3 days I had to miss work to meet the repairmen ("we'll be there sometime between 8 AM and 5 PM"). Considering I have already missed 3 days of work, and still no clear end in sight, that compensation was insulting.

I am buying a new fridge from another manufacturer.

I canceled my "Master Protection Agreement."

I will never again buy a Sears or Kenmore product. Ever.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

Jefferson City, Missouri, United States #714304

I agree 100%, I purchased a Kenmore refirgerator, leaks when making ice, or so it seems. They don't stand behind their products. I don't shop at sears anylonger for anything.

SearsCares
to rose #714873
Sears Response

Dear Rose,

Thank you for bringing this refrigerator icemaker issue to our attention. My name is Edwin and I work with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We’re sorry to hear about the troubles encountered with your refrigerator icemaker. We’d like to look into this on your behalf to make sure you’re taken care of. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Rose), phone # used at time of purchase to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. We look forward talking to you soon.

Edwin C.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear timrocha,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the difficulty in diagnosing your refrigerator issue. This is not the type of service that Sears has long been known for or the type of service that we want our customer's to have. We understand your frustration with missing work for three days while the technicians diagnosed your refrigerator issue. I see that you have canceled your Master Protection Agreement and purchased a refrigerator elsewhere but we would still like to speak with you regarding this experience. We value your business very much and want to make this situation right. At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (timrocha) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

timrocha
to Sears Response #718347

Your cut-and-paste replies add insult to injury.

I already heard from Sears that you don't care and that no further efforts will be made by Sears.

Asking me to reply (AGAIN) with all sorts of my contact information is ridiculous. You should be able to do a pretty basic search and find out who I am and contact me (AGAIN).

The best news is: 1) I got the refund check for the master protection agreement, and 2) the new fridge arrived from a different vendor.

I stand by my decision to never again buy from Sears/Kenmore or any other Sears brand, such as Craftsman.