I deeply regret purchasing SEARS/KENMORE kitchen appliances!

In September of 2015, I bought a KENMORE ELITE Microwave (~$500.00), Oven (~$1500.00), and Dishwasher (~$1000.00) at SEARS.

At 7 months, the microwave came close to catching fire when the fan came on by itself and could not be turned off from the button on the panel! I had to unplug it to get it to turn off. The microwave was very HOT to the touch all over the exterior! If we had not been home, I believe it would have caught fire, and burned down our home!

At 9 months, the dishwasher leaked water like a sieve, damaging our cabinets, and gushing water into the basement! Again, if we had not been home, our home would have likely flooded.

SEARS Customer Solutions was unwilling to resolve these product failures to my satisfaction! They scheduled a sub-contractor to come out to my home an amazing 10 days after the unit broke. On the day of the appointment, the "tech" calls 1/2 hours before the end of the appointment window, and tells us that he got held up on his current call and the next available appointment he could give us was 14 days out! Customer Solutions was condescending and rude when I called them, and everyone I spoke to acted like a bunch of script-monkeys deflecting any reasonable and sensible resolution I proposed! A low-level rep. who identified himself as a manager, whom I later found out in a subsequent call was not, hung up on me! In total, I was on the phone with SEARS for more than 6 hours!

I don't want SEARS to throw parts at the problem, I want a full and complete exchange! Water poured like a waterfall from the center of the bottom of the dishwater, and SEARS reps can't grasp a simple concept like electronic components exposed to water will shorten the expected useful life of an appliance! The unit came with a 1 year manufacturer warranty, which currently covers the replacement of the part that failed, but does not guarantee that other components that were exposed to water won't fail down the line! So 5 months from now when the unit fails again, I have to bear the costs of repair! I tried to meet them in the middle, and ask for a warranty on the other electronic components if they fail after the manufacturer warranty expired, but they wouldn't accept that compromise!

The lesson I learned: Don't EVER under any circumstances BUY SEARS OR KENMORE! Their products are poorly made, and don't back their products!

It is my hope that I will have saved someone else the headache of dealing with SEARS by posting my experiences with KENMORE products, and SEARS complete and total lack of responsiveness and customer service. As for me I'll never again buy SEARS or KENMORE!

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Sears. The most disappointing about kenmore dishwasher from Sears was defective products, no customer service and rude people Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sears.

Comments