I purchased a Kenmore fridge in Dec 2011.Paid $3000 because it has to be counter depth.

In January 2012 had to have it serviced because it wouldn't freeze. After 5 service visits and numerous replaced parts over the course of months the technician convinced me it was us causing the problem by not closing the doors tightly enough. He instructed me to empty the fridge and freezer and unplug it overnight. Then plug it back in and reload it to fix the issue.

I have been doing this 2 to 3 times PER MONTH FOR 2 YEARS!! Then last month the "fix" no longer worked so the service calls started again. By now the warranty had expired and I have had to repurchase 2 "service plans" during this 2 year mess. Yesterday was the 10th SERVICE CALL AND NOW THEY SAY IT'S DEFECTIVE AND CANT REPAIR IT!!

I have lost freezers full of food and many days off of work waiting for technicians to show. And countless hours on the phone with customer service who have been NO HELP! THEN THEY CALL ME LAST NIGHT TO SAY I GET A $500 CREDIT FOR A NEW FRIDGE! WTF!

IT WILL COST $2500 TO REPLACE! IF THIS WAS HANDLED PROPERLY IN JANUARY OF 2012 AND REPLACE THEN LIKE IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IT WOULD HAVE BEEN UNDER MANUFACTURER WARRANTY OR WHATEVER IT'S CALLED! NOW BECAUSE OF INCOMPETENT TECHNICIANS AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE I AM THE ONE BEING SCREWED! NO WAY SEARS!

I'VE ALREADY CALLED THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND CONTACT 6.YOU WILL BE HEARING FROM OUR LAWYER!

Comments