Green Bay, Wisconsin
1.7K views 9 comments
With Company response Not resolved

Update by user Jan 05, 2012

I totally forgot the closure to my complaint and my main point...Not only have the buttons been falling off, but last week the entire dishwasher stopped working and just died. Now, we have to replace the dishwasher that we have had for only about 3-4 years. What a terrible experience with SEARS and this KENMORE product.

Original review posted by user Jan 05, 2012

We purchased a Kenmore Dishwasher (Model 665.13732K601) when we remodeled approximately 4 years ago.The dishwasher has done a good job cleaning, but after the first year the buttons started falling off the control panel.

A few of the buttons that fell off were even ones that we never even touched so it wasn't from them being used too much!! The buttons are a plastic overlay panel and cannot just be put back on. The entire plastic panel would need to be replaced at a parts cost of $95.00, which doesn't include labor.

This dishwasher is poorly made and I would never purchase another appliance (especially a Kenmore) from SEARS ever again.I will take my business elsewhere and to someone who will stand behind their products.

Review about: Kenmore.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE
Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $500
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Sears?

Submit review

Comments

ramasws
Columbus, Ohio, United States #780156
I bought a Kenmore Ultra Dishwasher Model # 665.13843K601 Serial # FW1712755 on 05/02/2008 from sears. It stopped working in 2012 and I replaced the control panel on 08/18/2012. Again on 01/20/2014 it stopped working. I replaced the thermal fuse. Still it doesn't work. I have to replace the control panel again. I have already spent $160 on a $500 appliance. I am wondering if I should spend another $130 for a new control panel or go for a new brand of dishwasher!
I used to have another brand of dishwasher for 16 years without any problem.. I regret buying Kenmore product. I will never buy or recommend Kenmore products
PeterProds
Los Angeles, California, United States #709714
I had the same problem.. and I had bought an extended warranty.. it's been over a month since the dishwasher stopped working and several repairmen have tried to fix it, the wrong parts had been ordered to fix it and it's still not working. Sears repair will not call back and when I call them I get a script.. nobody is listening.. it's been a MONTH! forget Sears, the sun has set on them and they've left us behind.
Breckenridge, Minnesota, United States #675742
My kenmore P.O.S. did the same thing after about 2 years.. buttons falling off and then just died. I will never buy another kenmore or shop at sears again!!!!!
Chad
I called Sears and probably talked to one of these case workers myself about the SAME issue on my Kenmore Elite Dishwasher and they did absolutely nothing. I put my entire future of business with Sears (I buy many tools etc) and got nowhere. I was offered $50 off someone coming to my home to diagnose the issue. Diagnose buttons falling off of my 2 year old dishwasher, get real. I will never purchase a single thing from Sears ever again. I run a business and have a young family with many years of large purchases. Sorry Sears, but it now is obvious why you struggle as a corporation. Disgusted and shopping for a new diswasher in Wisconsin!
ydawake
I sent letter to the corporate office and to our local SEARS where the dishwasher was purchased, along with pictures and the tabs that fell off the control panel. A customer service representative from SEARS corporate contacted me a week after I sent the letter and wanted some more information.

I don't understand why a consumer has to go to such great lengths (i.e. posting, pictures, pieces, letters) before they get a response from someone. I told the representative that they should have taken care of it more than a year ago when I first called about it.

I won't buy an appliance from SEARS ever again.
Robert
I also have this dishwasher. It is less then four years old and is not used daily. It started getting loud about three months ago and then stopped working. I took it apart and the front bearing on the cirulation pump is bad. It looks like water leaked into the bearing. I will not be purchasing a Kenmore in the future.
Josh
Why does Sears owe you a free repair. You bought it and didn't buy the maintenance agreement. 100% your fault
Ydawake
Dear Susan;

Dear Susan;

Why didn't the Sears Corporation show the same concern a year ago when when contacted them? The solution at that time was to sell us another part to replace what was defective on our original dishwasher.

Now, all of a sudden because I've voiced my concern through a venue that reaches more people you want to do something about it. Why wasn't that same response and consideration shown to us when we called with our concern initially?

I appreciate your attention at this time, but we replaced the defective Kenmore dishwasher last week with a more reputable brand.

Steve
SearsCares
Sears Response
Dear Ydawake:
We would like to apologize for the problems you are encountering or have encountered with your Kenmore Dishwasher. As you have explained, the problems you have experienced with your dishwasher over recent years are causing you to consider purchasing elsewhere. I can only imagine the frustration this has caused you and your family. I would like to possibly change your mind.
Sears Social Media Group is an escalations group. We would assign one Case Manager to step into your situation and help with any issue start to finish. We would ask that you call that individual prior to using any other resource Sears offers. What I am saying is, if you have any problem whatsoever, call them directly and they will offer their assistance to resolve your issue.
I hope that offering you this resource may allow you to give Sears another chance at your business. We do value your business and hope that we may hear from you.
My name is Susan and I’m part of the Sears Social Media Support team. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Ydawake) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look
... Show more