With Company response Not resolved

My Kenmore washer quit spinning.Waited 8 days for repair appointment.

Repairman looked at it for 5 minutes - says it needs door lock assembly. I paid extra for 2 day express delivery of part. Waited another 8 days for repair appt. Technician arrived today and said "oops" it isn't the door lock after all.

You need a $300 motor. Spent an hour on the phone being passed to 5 different people regarding this tech and his mis-diagnosis of my problem. Told that I now have to wait for shipment of motor and go to the back of the line for another repair appt. Parts department is telling me they may be able to help me with return of part, but they really have no record of ordering it.

I can file a dispute if I want to. So I'm stuck with part I don't need and a broken washer. Washer is going in the trash and I'm dealing now with my local family owned appliance store. My 30 plus years of buying from Sears are over.

I hope they go out of business soon.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Elijah2002,

I came across your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. We are truly sorry for the troubles you have experienced with your washer repair and the level of customer service you have received. We do our best to make every service interaction both positive and memorable for our customers, and we do apologize for falling short of that mark in this instance. If you would allow us the opportunity, we would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your experience and see what can be done to make things right. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number to which the washer is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (Elijah2002) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.