With Company response Not resolved
1.3

Bought washer/dryer at Sears local store. Installers were clueless and left after 3 hours, failing to install vital components.

Left me having to clean up their mess. Repair techs attempt to fix the installers mistakes. One tech ordered parts to be shipped to me, the parts dept. only sent one-fourth of the order.

It was determined the installers smashed the venting/exhaust located behind dryer (which was the reason it wasn't doing its job). Sears sent out new venting kit for yet another repair tech to install. When it shipped, Sears shipped the kit with one strand of tape. When I received the box, the box was open and the tape was hanging on by one end.

Hope all the pieces are still there. The final service tech said I needed to go into Sears store and talk to store manager because the washer/dryer I bought was clearly too big for my home and I needed to replace with smaller units. Went to store, was told store manager not there. Store manager called me several hours later, said I'm screwed, said Sears can do nothing for me, and I'm better off going somewhere else.

Meanwhile, customer service dept. over the phone who had promised me that due to all the distress this has caused me, they would exchange the big washer/dryer and give me smaller units.

They reneged less than 24 hours later. I'm done with Sears.

Review about: Sears Repair.

I didn't like: Service, Customer service, Delivery experience, Being lied to.

Comments

from mbbiowa - It's over. Sears delivered smaller washer/dryer unit and installed it professionally.

I'm in a state of shock.

The nightmare is finally over. Issue is resolved.

from mbbiowa - Final comment on Sears. I miss the Sears from long ago, when my parents would take me with them to the store and would buy me popcorn.

I miss the friendly, smiling sales associates and the many people milling about in the catalog ordering area of the store. When I got older, I miss the satisfaction I felt when I bought something from Sears because it was a good quality item. And although, a long time ago, the store would be so busy with customers that I'd feel a little claustrophobic, I suppose I miss that too. The Sears of yesterday is gone and will never be back.

I'm not sure what happened to cause Sears' demise. It's sad. To remember what Sears used to be and to see the Sears of 2014. Why did management or whoever is to blame allow it to happen?

Does anyone remember how Sears used to be, 30 to 50 years ago? It really was "the" store back then. No more commenting from me on this.

I mourn Sears and pity the remnants of what's left of it.

Update from mbbiowa - Was contacted by Sears today, who are making yet another attempt to make themselves look better in my eyes. Must admit, they were convincing; however, time will tell.

Sears must put their words into action. I'm tired of them saying one thing to please me and then pulling the rug out from under me less than 24 hours later. I will hang on until I see results.

One thing I do know is I will "never ever" set foot inside a Sears store in Iowa ever again. The top management above the store managers, if they want better results, need to hire people who truly want to help others, give their employees proper and thorough training, and get rid of the crappy, negative employees (especially evil store managers) who seem to take pleasure in hurting other people.

to mbbiowa #915410

Update from mbbiowa - Screwed by Sears yet again; I'm no longer surprised by this. I'm mentally exhausted and am literally done.

If anyone can recommend another company who sells washers and dryers and gives a ***, please let me know. Goodbye.

SearsCares
to mbbiowa #917977
Sears Response

Hi mbbiowa,

This is definitely not the kind of customer service we strive to provide. We would appreciate the opportunity to regain your trust and turn your experience around. Please reach out to us on one of our social channels:

• Sears Facebook: http://on.fb.me/18CwSqp

• Sears Twitter: http://bit.ly/1BK1jbL

Both channels are moderated M-F from 8a-8p CT, Sat-Sun from 8a-6p CT and we’ll take great care of you.

to Sears Response #918189

from mbbiowa to Sears Response,

If Sears wants to regain my trust and turn my nightmare (not experience) around, jumping to Facebook/Twitter is not the answer. I want experienced, knowledgeable repair techs.

I want promises that the customer service reps tell me to be kept. A phone call from Sears to me would be nice, and not an automated one. Those things would at least give me an inkling of hope that somebody from Sears truly does care about a real life human with feelings and emotions. Nothing, though, will EVER get me to step inside the Sears store (Merle Hay) in Des Moines, IA...unless I receive an apology from that store, that would help.

But I see none of the above ever happening.

SearsCares
to mbbiowa #918309
Sears Response

Hello,

Thank you for replying. We absolutely understand your concerns and we would love the opportunity to turn your experience around!

We realize directing members to FB/Twitter may seem odd, however, our pages run as a customer service department and are available to help our member's with issues similar to yours. We do care for all of our members and we want to make sure you receive top notch customer service.

If you'd prefer, please send over your email and we will have our team contact you so we can further discuss.

Sears Member Service