Ease of Use

Sears arrived 2 hours before scheduled delivery so we hadn’t removed the old bed out of the way. They refuse to wait or help move so they just dropped off and left saying they’d be back to assemble later.

We quickly removed the Bed and waited for them to return. Never showed up. Meanwhile my elderly mother who has just come out of heart surgery is sleeping on a plastic covered mattress on the floor the sears delivery guys left there. Tried calling sears MULTIPLE time to have them come back to assemble the bed and no one can give us a decent date or time.

Their overseas call center is completely useless and unhelpful reading from a script without any solution, transfering from department to department. Still several days later my post heart surgery elderly mother is still sleeping on the floor.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Sounds like *** poor planning on your part.

As someone who is currently caring for an elderly mother myself I have to say I think your mother's problem is useless children. You seriously can't put together a bed without Sears' help? I would NEVER allow my elderly mother to sleep on a mattress on the floor because I was too stupid to figure out how to put together a bed.While Sears should absolutely NOT have left without helping, the major problem here is you.

to Anonymous #1477566

Exceptional point and accurate. Sometimes in the 'rush' of things, preparation, planning and execution is solely the purchaser's obligation and not Sears.

The point you made clearly illustrates the wonderful change that Sears has stepped up and completely fulfilled the obligation. I applaud Sears SHC for following through and conducting business as they have done this far in this instance. However, your loved ones obligation is not Sears SHC's responsibility, and belongs to the caregiver/PoA/Health Care PoA, and magnanimously efficent social workers, etc.

is to insure accuracy and efficency Before, During and After. Hope this helps!

I completely understand EXACTLY where you are coming from. I have both served as a elder caregiver and have the experiences and the angst you are currently undergoing.

Please get in touch with your local and state office on Aging, and the office of the Attorney General in your state of residence. Also, contact the Federal Trade Commission and file a formal complaint. Your anonymity is protected, and will not be compromised. It is a simple, quick and lawful authority and benefits not only your loved one but also the myriad of others who have no one to step up for them.YOU can be the vehicle of change to protect, defend and honor those who cannot speak for themselves.

I have a rather extensive diatribe regarding a situation that my 74 year old mother had a few weeks ago regarding a purchase she made on line with Sears here at pissed consumer. Fear cannot kill you, but the lack of motivation and tenacity to insure her own personal safety and health can save you and her the redundancy of settling and surrendering to the norms of unethical business practices that several companies have chosen to undertake.You both are in my prayers and you do have legal support all the way around.----Rash Adelie Penquin