With Company response Not resolved

In November I purchased a 3,000 refrigerator online. Sears failed to deliver on the day they agreed to and didn't notify me of the change.

They rescheduled for 1 week later. Upon delivery I noticed the unit had a huge dent in the back. It looked like a fork lift hit it. I refused to take the unit and had to wait another week.

3 weeks without a refrigerator meant eating out and wasting out-of-pocket money. Now this month I try again with Sears because I'm locked in if I want my appliances to match. So I purchased an $800 convection over the range microwave and a $3000 gas range. The contractor wanted the microwave delivered first and then the range.

We timed it so I wouldn't be without a cooking appliance for more than 1 day. Again Sears failed to deliver the microwave when the agreed and delayed it 4 days. This meant I needed to request a delay on the range and the contractor wanted additional money because of the delay in finishing the job. The microwave was installed on Monday and it is broken.

The convection fan is off the spindle and the unit makes a terrible noise. Sears won't replace the unit and I'm waiting one week for their repair person to show up to look at it. Now the range was to be delivered Tuesday. They never called and so I called to find the delivery window.

They told me they had to delay the delivery until Saturday. Now based on my contractor's schedule and the gas company to hook up the stove, I will be without a range until 12/30. That's now almost one month without a range. On top of that they want me to be home on a Saturday when our children have recitals and plays that we would have to miss and they said our delivery time is based on what is better for Sears and not the consumer.

The thing that is most upsetting is that it is impossible to speak with someone who cares about my situation. The Indian call center is only capable of reading from a script and offering me a 10% coupon to buy more things that won't work or be delivered on time. I have called every number I can find only to be bounced around to people who say they are sorry for my frustration, but do nothing to help. I have been on hold for hours at a time only to be hung up on.

The managers won't do anything and they refuse to transfer me to someone in North America. Sears is an US company, I am an US consumer and there should be some way to speak with someone in the US to help with my issue. I even saw that Kurt from Sear's "Social Media Watchdog" group posted an email on this site. I emailed them and of course no one replied to my email.

Clearly this runaround is designed to wear out the consumer and make them give up. I'm not going to give up. I have a network of contractors over New England that I will get to steer customers away from Sears. I have two friends that are doing a remodel that were going to buy Sears and now will not.

I'm interested in the consistent complaints that are similar to mine and think there might be grounds for a class action lawsuit, and if my wife will let me I'm going to take the appliances out of the house drop them at the front door of sears with a sign explaining the customers should go to another retailer to purchase goods. This is cost me out-of-pocket expenses over $2,500 from time off, meals, contractor overage not to mention the mental frustration and there is no one that cares at Sears.

Review about: Sears Coupon.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

toddinvt,

We apologize for the trouble you’ve been experiencing with your recent appliance purchases. My name is David with our Sears Social Media Support team. We would be happy to discuss this situation with you and see what can be done to assist in addressing your concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the appliances were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (toddinvt) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

David W.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

to Sears Response #760647

I emailed that address already and no one responded. I emailed before I posted this to avoid writing this. I am already in contact with the executive level of service now at Sears.