Sears used to be so concerned about customer service and earning repeat business. I have been trying to get my dryer fixed since October 17, had 6 repair visits, had the same part replaced five times now and still my dryer does not work, The part they brought yesterday didn't even work for a minute, at least the other 4 worked for a day or two.

Only solution from Sears was to buy an extended warranty so Sears would replace the dryer after 3 attempts I believe. Well, now I have been waiting all day for them to approve the replacement with no word at all from their Executive complaint department. I have been lied to, given commitments that were not fulfilled (missed appointments) and basically told, too bad, that is as good as it gets. Never a sorry and when I asked to speak to a supervisor, they told me they didn't have one.

Asked to speak to the complaint department and was transferred back into the repair cue. Finally got to a "Escalation person" who put me on hold for 15 minutes and then came back to say she had sent an email of complaint on my behalf.

Finally got to a lady in the Executive Offices who talked a good game but has not met her commitments.

Seems there is a pattern of not caring about the customer, but why should they, they have our money.

This is not the same Sears that I grew up with and unless something dramatically changes, I am NEVER going to darken the doors of one of their stores again.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

I am having similar problems with my Sears Maytag Epic Z washer-just 2 years old. It has flooded my laundry room twice-5 repairs.

Sears will not help...obviously I have a lemon. Thy suggested a protection plan ($350/year). Funny thing is that they will not send me the details of the plan in writing.

I won't purchase the plan w/o seeing it. Where is the old Sears we all could trust and rely on?