With Company response Not resolved

Just got a new AC and Furnace installed three days ago. Not only were they supposed to be here at 8:30 in the morning to get things moving, but they called at 11:30 AM, to let us know they won't be here until 5 PM... we understood as we needed the installation due to medical issues and paying over $9000 for new equipment and the installation all together.

Got everything finished and installed and the electrician was here at some point... we think? If he was, he never let us know that he came or left or even let us know that everything was finished and taken care of.

The following night, the water wasn't getting hot anymore but still had some heat to it. Didn't think much of it - until this morning having to take a shower in frigid water. I am okay with the cold and everything, but I had things to do today and need to be able to shower. Aside from that, we couldn't have warm water for doing laundry or hot water for our dishwasher. Mind you, everything in this house is NEW which included the new installed AC and Furnace.

We know that our water heater runs on gas and so do the new AC and furnace. So they had to have forgotten to turn the water heater back ON. We have never dealt with lighting a pilot light before and didn't want to make a fatal mistake - so we called all day to get someone to come out to finish the job they were paid to do days ago.

It is a Saturday and customer service is "Closed" unless you wanted to schedule an appt. to have an emergency repair or something. Their phone lines are ALL automated lines - and the only way to explain to a real person and not a computer, was to do all the button pushing and answering to a computer to talk to a real person, who transferred us to another person, who transferred us to another person, put us on hold and then to another person who then asked, "Didn't I just transfer you?", and then told us to call a different number, which was another person who had heard our story. This went on for 2 hours straight. We ended up looking on youtube to find a how-to video and then read the directions on the water heater just so we don't make any mistakes. While shaking from being afraid of having the water heater blow up in front of me - I ended up lighting the Pilot light WITHOUT any help from Sears contractors or customer service.

The people that got us to sign all the paper work for getting the installation in the first place said over and over about how great Sears is and think that even getting a 4 out of 5 for a rating isn't good enough and is still considered failing... they shouldn't even get a 1 for the chaos we have had to deal with on their behalf. This is a $9000 I don't want to give to them, but I will at least keep up my end of the deal even though they haven't.

Comments

I understand completely.I have had to call Sears Warranty dept four times to schedule and re-schedule service appointments because the techs just don't show up.

We have been without a washer for four weeks now.I will never purchase from Sears again and kenmore products will slowly be fazed out of our lives - don't need all the frusteration that come with them.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Tiewolf:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. I would like to apologize for the problems you encountered trying to reach a customer service agent who could set up an emergency service appointment to get your gas water heater lit. I can understand your reluctance in lighting the pilot light as you have never lit one in the past. I would have felt the very same way.

At your convenience, please send an email to smsupport@searshc.com with your contact phone number and the phone number the water heater was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Please include any other information you would like to provide to us regarding this situation. We will get that information over to a Case Manager who will contact you so that you won't have to be impacted by this. Also, please provide the screen name (Tiewolf) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.