For the last 20 years I have bought majority of my appliances from Sears for myself and my parent’s home. I have also gotten my appliances maintained by Sears Technicians. I have always recommended Sears to friends and family, until this last three months. Due to the absolute incompetence of Sear’s technicians as well as their lack of customer service, I am now and will be telling everyone about the absolute horrific experience I have had.

A Sears technician came to my home for a dryer problem. He fixed that and then told me about a special that Sears had about maintenance on all appliances running that day and that he could check all my appliances and see if they had issues. He checked all my appliances and came back with absolutely nothing wrong with my appliances. And then he offered a "Sears master Agreement protection" and on the phone confirmed with the Sears representative that my appliances where in good working order. I bought the Sears master Agreement for 5 years. So far so good.

The next morning I go to my basement and there is leak from the ceiling right above where the refrigerator is. I frantically clean up and call Sears and was told a technician would be out to take a look at it next Saturday. No Sorry for your loss and your trouble. During the week, I get a call from a very angry Sears representative stating that there is no way the Sears technician did anything wrong, but she did keep asking me if I signed any papers. I didn’t sign any papers . Even if I didn’t sign paper, she yelled and screamed that Sears didn’t do anything wrong. Again no apologies, no sorry for your loss. In the meantime I got phone call and email from Sedgewick regarding my loss and provided them the necessary information.

Saturday comes around and a Sears Technician comes around and immediately asks me to sign papers and was more interested in finding out if I signed any papers with the original technician than anything else. He didn’t do anything but order a new refrigerator part and asked for a plumber to come in a replace a nut.

I had a plumber come in on April 20th and he was surprised that the Sears Technician didn't have that nut. It’s apparently standard stock nut that is carried by all technicians. He used to be a Sears technician. He charged me $140.40 for coming out to provide the nut. I had to *** from work for 4 hours and lost my hourly rate

Another Sear’s technician then came out and installed the refrigerator part and tried to put the refrigerator back. He wasn't able to and asked that I replace the copper water pipe with another type of flexible water pipe. I did tell him that a plumber had already been out and "Why did the first technician not ask to replace the water pipe". He left without fixing anything.

I did not get the water pipe replaced. I just tightened the new refrigerator part and the copper water pipe together with a wrench. Voila fixed!

About a week ago, I get a phone call from an angry Sear’s representative stating that there was absolutely nothing that the Sears technician did wrong and that my claim was being denied because of pre-existing condition.

So the appliances were in perfect condition when I paid for the maintenance.

The appliances were in perfect condition when I paid for the "Sears Master Protection Agreement"The very next day, as soon as there was damage to my property, all of a sudden my 2014 Refrigerator was in bad shape. Really!

There were no leaks under my refrigerator before the maintenance and there was leak after he left.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of sears home services refrigerator repair from Sears. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1580 and wants Sears to issue a full refund.

Comments