With Company response Not resolved

Sears maintenance/repair and customer service, or lack thereof, IS ABSOLUTELY THE WORST WE HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED!!! The customer service representatives and supervisors have ZERO emotional intelligence, NO empathy, and ARE NOT problem-resolution oriented! Frankly, I have no idea how or why Sears is still in business in this tough and competive economy when companies like Best Buy, Home Depot, and Lowe's are superior when it comes to their products, repair, warranty, and most of all DOING WHAT IS RIGHT FOR THE CUSTOMER!!! We will certainly not do business with Sears ever again, and word of mouth can be a devastating marketing tool, especially with the internet at everyone's fingertips!

On Wednesday, April 4, 2012 I called Sears to schedule a repair for my Samsung front loading washer because when the cycle finished, smoked poured out of the machine when I opened the door. It is under warranty until November 2012. I was informed that a technician could not come out until Monday, April 9, 2012.

When the technician came out, he was unable to repair the machine and said parts would need to be ordered. It would take 5-7 business days for the parts to come in, and then we would need to call and schedule an appointment for the technician to come out.

My family of four has now been without a washer for 6 days, and waiting another week or longer is absolutely unacceptable for a machine that is still under warranty. My husband called the customer service line and escalated. We were told the parts would be expedited, should arrive by Wednesday, April 11, 2012, and a technician would be able to come our Thursday, April 12, 2012 to repair the machine. Wednesday arrives and only one of the two parts necessary is delivered.

My husband calls and escalates the situation again only to be told there is nothing they can do. Eventually, the representative says the only thing they can do is reimburse us $25.00 a week for laundry expenses.

The second part arrives on Tuesday, April 17, 2012 and we schedule the technician to come out Friday, April 20, 2012 to install the new parts on a machine. Friday morning we get a call that the technician cannot come out and the appointment is rescheduled for Tuesday, April 24, 2012.

IF the technician does come out on the day scheduled, and IF he does repair the machine, it is still 20 days without a washer. A WASHER THAT IS UNDER WARRANTY!!!! I can only imagine how long it would take to resolve this if there was no warranty!

Sears Response

Dear Angrybird18:

Please accept our apologies for the problems you are having with your washer which is still under warranty. We certainly understand your frustration with being without your washer for 20 days and would like to look into this situation further and offer our assistance to help resolve this issue. We want to make sure that everything that can be done to help is being done. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle a situation start to finish with one dedicated case manager and will own your issue until it is resolved.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Angrybird18) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

Read all the other posts and you will see - if the technician DOES show up on the 24th, and it was only 20 days, then you are one of the luckiest Sears repair customers around, because typically they reschedule a lot more than that and have repeatedly shown that they don't care about customers anymore. It seems almost like their strategy is drive themselves into the ground and go out of business.