With Company response Not resolved

Update by user Mar 22, 2012

After posting this complaint, Sears corporate sent me a check for the cost of the part,and did stand behind this issue.It would have been better if they just issued the RA# on my first call to customer service. Thank You Sears for addressing and correcting my complaint.

Original review posted by user Feb 20, 2012

I ordered a part from Sears over the phone. The electronic part was delivered in a brown envelope and had a small dent in the package,but the part appeared to look un-damaged.

I decided to test the part prior to the installation, and it was not working. I contacted Sears for a RA # and you could just tell the only thing customer service was instructed to do was to get out of issuing the return number. They told me that I had opened the package and therefor it was now a used part and would not take it back. I wrote them several times and they did respond each time with a polite but un-bending caned letter stating they would not issue a RA #

Sears has become a company that is not reputable, so buyer's beware.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Installation.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dears Consumer,

We apologize for the disappointing experience. It is understandable that you would want to return the part you ordered after realizing it was not in functioning condition. My name is Stephanie L. and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your part was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name”Consumer” for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Stephanie L.