With Company response

I borrowed a van to take my lawn mower to the Sears store 832 Dacula, Rd, Dacula, GA for repair on 3 Feb 2013. The drive control cable came loose. They told me it had to be sent out and it would take about 4 weeks. I borrowed a van again to pick up my mower on 6 Mar, 2013 and used the mower for the first time on 16 Mar 2013. After about 30 minutes of operation, the cable that was repaired broke. I called the store and told the manager about the problem and that I had no way to get it back to the store. He said he could send someone to pick it up but it would cost me $40.00. I told him I should not have to pay for the pick-up. He said his store was not responsible for the repair and that he could not send someone out without a $40 charge. He also said that I should call the repair facility or another store if I did not wish to pay $40.

I did not take my mower to the repair facility for repair; I took it to Sears and the idea that Sears has no responsibility for the repair makes no sense. The attitude of the store manager that I spoke to was insulting.

I then sent an e-mail to Sears Customer Relations. I received an e-mail in return asking me to call their 1-800 number. After talking to two representatives, I was told that they had no control over the Sears store and they could put me in contact with the store manager; the same one I talked to originally.

I have been a customer of Sears for over 40 years. Although customer service has deteriorated over the years, this is a new low. I should not have to pay anything to get my mower repaired again. I expect the store to pick it up get it repaired and return it to me. The $40 is insignificant; it's a matter of principle.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Repair.

Company wrote 1 public responses to the review from Mar 18, 2013.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous393719;

I sincerely apologize for your recent experiences with your lawn mower repairs and customer service. We can see how upsetting your inconveniences were after your lawn mower broke shortly after repair. We would like to connect you with our case management team to call you directly and discuss your experience and provide options to satisfy you as a valued customer of over 40 years. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number to which the lawn mower was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (Anonymous393719) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Christine R.