With Company response Not resolved

I am an EXTREMELY UNHAPPY customer living a HORRIBLE SERVICE SITUATION – that sadly continues on...

Our problems began on 1/30/2013. I came downstairs that morning and our frig that we have had for only a few years had stopped working sometime in the night. All food was spoiled. My husband called the service number and we were given an appointment date on 2/6/2013 – A GUARANTEED ONE WEEK OF NO WORKING FRIG.

The service technician arrived, made an assessment and then insisted on ordering the part as an emergency – which we appreciated. He was rescheduled to come back to our home on 2/13/2013 – ANOTHER WEEK OF NO WORKING FRIG. But, he also said that if the part arrived sooner than that, call in and he could come earlier. We did call in, and no, they were not able to have him come earlier – clearly there isn’t a policy for moving waiting customers forward in the ***.

So, on 2/13/2013 – the second technician arrived. He installed the part, but then made the assessment that a second part was needed to fix the frig because it still didn’t work. He ordered that second part while still in our home. It also was ordered as an emergency, with our next service date scheduled for 2/18/2013.

On 2/17/2013 – my husband received an automated call with a message to call Sears. Our service appointment had been cancelled because the part had not arrived. Our next service date was scheduled for 2/22/2013. – NOW WE ARE OVER 3 WEEKS WITHOUT A WORKING FRIG. And again, he received an automated call on 2/21/2013 that the part had still not arrived, so our service appointment was cancelled again.

By this time, our family of 5 had had it. I took my three children out of town just so we could have a working frig. With all the service appointments scheduled, we expected to come home to a working frig. However, that was not to be.

We have now been talking with the Sears Repair Active Solutions group. Unfortunately, their record keeping is not good. We have talked with Robert, Jeremy and Hortense – none of which knew our story or had the correct dates and actions in their records, so we have had to enlighten them each time. When I have asked to escalate the call, each one told us that they were the ones who make the decisions and wouldn’t transfer us to a higher decision making authority – stonewalling us each time. I believe their department is a black hole with no way of escalating.

On 2/22/2013, that group suggested that we rent a refrigerator and that they will reimburse us for the cost while our refrigerator is not working. First of all, why didn’t they mention that a lot earlier. And second, our local rental companies only rent month to month. Since we are already approaching 4 weeks with this service issue, I am optimistic that this refrigerator situation will be resolved within the next month, so I’ll be stuck with part of the rental bill. And third, the rental company can’t deliver anything to us until the middle of next week, so what’s the point?

We also have $250 food spoilage coverage. Great. However, we don’t receive that money until the frig is fixed. And what about the groceries that I cannot buy right now and the added expense of eating out or shopping daily since we can’t save anything? $250 doesn’t make a dent into our food elevated bill these last several weeks.

And then there is the fact that we have been told by two of the service reps – Robert and Jeremy - that GE has reported that they don’t have the part needed and it is back ordered indefinitely. If that is true, why on earth is Sears forcing us to endure this pain? They could instead simply move ahead with the replacement frig and we done with us.

I am a very patient person – I teach middle school - but I have reached my breaking point. I am done being patient. I am no longer giving Sears the benefit of the doubt. I have come to realize that sadly there is no one easily contactable who has any power to deal with our situation – which at this point is simply getting a replacement frig.

So, while we continue to be stonewalled and will have to endure this process to get the replacement in the end, we have contacted our attorney. My husband is a social media expert at Microsoft and will be doing damage to Sears’ reputation. This is what this service process has reduced us to – which in the end is simply telling the truth about our bad experience. Sears has lost us as a future customer as well as the many, many others that my husband and I will reach.

Sincerely,

Stephanie Beares

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

Camden, New Jersey, United States #616107

A fascinating story, and I am looking forward to hearing more. I have had my own problems with Sears appliance and auto products in the past, but nothing as tough as this.

Your tale would be absolutely perfect except for the opening: "... I came downstairs that morning and our frig that we have had for only a few years had stopped working sometime in the night. All food was spoiled...".

The only way your food could spoil that quickly was if you left the fridge door open in maybe 90 degree weather. Not likely -- and food keeps much longer than a few hours in a closed fridge. But, no doubt the end result for you was total food spoilage.

Storm veterans would have gone to find ice asap and preserve the good stuff, that would be easy to do for a few days. But long term, your story is startling -- how could it take so long for you to get help from the seller?

I think that appliance failure on this scale calls for immediate personal action. As your story shows, we cannot depend upon the sellers of our appliances to act for us in the short term, regardless of their policies and guarantees.

Your action is much appreciated.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Stephanie Beares,

Hi, my name is Brian and I'm with the Sears Cares Team. I was able to locate your post regarding your recent experience with your refrigerator repair. I'm sorry that you've had to go so long without one and I can understand why you would be upset with us being that it's taken much longer than even we would expect to complete the repair. We'd like to offer our assistance in making sure this is resolved quickly and to your complete satisfaction. Our team represents our customer service at the executive level and I'm confident we can make things right. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (stephkbb), and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any trouble we have caused and we look forward to speaking with you.

Brian H.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

stephkbb
to Sears Response Sammamish, Washington, United States #615420

Thanks for your email – better late than never, I guess.

Well, Brian, to begin with my husband and I are feeling very battered and bruised by Sears at the moment, yet we keep coming back fighting for what is right. I have serious doubts about the sincerity of the name “Sears Cares Team” – it actually angers me every time I hear it. Long story short - we are now at 29 days without a refrigerator and haven’t seen one shred of proof that “Sears Cares” about their customers in any way. I also have serious doubts that I will ever hear back from you. Sears customer service appears to be a black hole. After countless frustrating phone calls to Sears about our refrigerator we actually have to rehash our story each time since it appears that there is no one record of our service order. It’s insane.

Regardless, as I mentioned we are now at day 29 of no refrigeration in our home. We called Sears on 1/30/2013 to report this problem. We have a Master Protection Agreement (again, ridiculous name for a worthless service) and there is real no end in sight to this problem. At this point my husband just got off the phone with Daniel, one of your teammates at “Sears Cares” who is supposed to be appealing our case to his manager to get us a replacement refrigerator. It should be an easy decision. At this point I am quite educated on your 21 days for parts/28 days for service order policy. Heck, I even have it in writing from one of the Sears Customer Service reps. We clearly qualify from several different angles, yet sadly we are both anticipating more pushback from your company.

Brian, if you can help us out by moving this along to replacement that would be wonderful. After 29 days, repair is not an option anymore. I’ve never met you, but sadly I already have very low expectations about any influence you may have on our situation. It is amazing how many Sears reps I have talked to that tell me that they have the authority to make the decision, yet in the next breath say that if they side with us, the decision for replacement will be rejected.

That’s it – I’m discouraged, angry and tired of all of this. If you have any magic that you can work – go for it, but I won’t be holding my breath.