2K views

We purchased a Kenmore Side by Side Refrigerator, a Range (Stove), a Range Hood and a dishwasher with an extended warranty for all four items. This $300+ warranty, we have renewed every year after the manufactures warranty ended.

We have had only one service on the dishwasher alone and zero service on any of the other appliances. Over the last four months, the refrigerator has constantly failed, (ran warm, spoiled the food), thus requiring service.

Each service order has a wait time of around ten days or more before a technician can even come out, therefore, we have zero refrigerator for this time and then an even longer time if a part has to be ordered.

Every time the tech arrives, he patches the fridge instead of fixing it or replacing it. This patch / band aid, last for a few weeks before the problem returns.

Today I took off from work for the scheduled 8AM - 12pm sears appointment.

Due to a No Show / No Call, I contacted sears at 10:30 AM and again at 1:15 PM, only to be assured by a customer service rep, that the technician will arrive, not to worry and he will call me when he is on the way to my house.

At 2:42PM, still a No Show / No Call from the technician, I was forced to leave my house (to retrieve my kids from school). I was back home at 3:28PM, to which I found a note scratched on an index card stating 'sorry we missed you. Sears'.

The technician DID NOT call either of my contact numbers to tell me that he was on his way, as promised that he would, in the previous two calls to the customer service rep.

I immediately contacted sears and requested to speak to a supervisor, to which I was placed on hold for over fifteen minutes before the call ended abruptly.

I called back and went through this scenario four consecutive times (for almost an hour) before finally being transferred to a Sharon, who said she was a supervisor. Sharon was not only unprofessional but also lacked the technical attributes to be a customer service rep, let alone a supervisor, she even went as far as saying that there is nothing she can do, and the only thing that I can do is wait for the next available appointment...yes you got it...TEN DAYS LATER.

I explained to her that I have two young kids and really cannot be without a refrigerator for that period of time, to which she made it clear, that it was my fault for not being at home when the technician arrived, therefore I will have to wait for the next available repair date, She then hung up the phone.

Each time I call for service, the customer service reps hound me about doing some home improvements, so just for kicks, my wife stated that she was thinking of some home improvements, in no time, an appointment was scheduled for an agent to come out for the appraisal / estimate, The agent was there at my door, THE VERY NEXT DAY.

In short, sears is no longer the sears we once knew, I will never use sears for any purchases or service again.

Comments

Mashpee, Massachusetts, United States #746202

I HAVE PURCHASED ALL MY APPLIANCES THRU SEARS FOR THE LAST 20 YEARS..I HAVE HAD THE MASTER PROTECTION WAARANTY ON MY WASHER, DISHWASHER, AND FRIDGE FREEZER RECENTLY..I CAN ONLY SAY THAT ANYTIME I HAVE HAD A PROBLEM, SEARS HAS RESPONDED QUICKLY, EFFICIENTLY, AND WITH GREAT COURTEOUSNESS AND PROFESSIONALISM FOR EACH REPAIR..I AM COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH SEARS APPLIANCES AND ESP THEIR MASTER PROTECTION AGREEMENT AND I AM CONSTANTLY RECCOMENDING THEM TO EVERYONE!!! I WILL CONTINUE TO BE A LOYAL CUSTOMER TO SEARS FOR ALLMY APPLIANCE NEEDS!!!

Sears sent a document asking my (very senior) mother to purchase a Master Protection Agreement on her air conditioner.I don't think waiting 10 days to fix an air conditioner in Louisiana is a good idea for an old lady.

Based on the above comments, we will decline this opportunity.Thanks to all for the comments.

Hello, I have read almost every sing one of the comments following this story.I have to say that I work for sears, and they are extremely loyal to all Protection Agreements, If you also read carefully in the pamphlet, it also states that you can get a rental from any where and Sears would refund you with all of the money back.

Now They write that in there because they know some parts they can not get in and they want to keep the customer happy, and also have all of the necessities working.I believe that information is on the 3rd page of the pamphlet.

This agreement borders on fraud!Read it over and you'll see that there is no stated time frame for repairs to be made!

Our washer needs a new drum etc and we're being told that the part is on backorder for 6 weeks, with no assurance that it will be available then.

Without any time parameter in the contract we have no remedy.The contract says the obligations are backed by the full faith and credit of Sears...draw your own conclusion!

I too am just starting to have issues with Sears MPA.In the past, we were always able to make an appt online, but now all they want to do is "troubleshoot" on the phone.

We pay good money for these agreements and deserve better service.We are selling our Kenmore Oasis washer and dryer set and never buying from Sears again.

I have a Master Protection Agreement for my refrigerator and called 1 month ago for an appointment to fix our refrigerator.The appointment was for today from 1-5 pm.

I called the phone number to confirm this appointment this morning. No service person ever arrived. I was just told, after the 3rd time I called, that no technician was ever assigned. What type of Protection am I paying for?

The next appointment is for 2 weeks from now that is totally unacceptable.I want a refund for my MPA.

I BOUGHT A FRONT LOAD WASHER WM2016CW FROM SEARS ALL I HAVE HAD IS PROBLEMS IT LIKES TO WALK WATER IN MY CELLAR TWICE.AND THEY EVEN HOOK THE HOSES UP WRONG.

THE LAST BRAKE DOWN WAS ON APRIL 19 2011 AND I AM STILL WITHOUT A WASHER.

THEY HAVE A 21 DAY LIMIT OR REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE WELL THEY GO GOOD FOR IT I SURE HOPE SO .THIS IS THE LAST THING I BUY FOR THESES TH----

Sears needs a class action suit for their poor practices, I would join one in a heart beat! 2 yrs, master protection agreement and I still have 2 appliances that are in the same shape as they were before!

I agree, Sears master protection agreement is a joke or insult. I can elaborate, but I'll wait until my lawsuit is filled

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #256755

WHAT A JOKE and LEGIIMTATE SCAM!!

I received a mailing from Sears mid February (2011). I ignored it (told myself to think about it) and alas, I got it again 03/01/2011 stating this: "IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Master Protection Agreement on your LCD TV has expired." It went further "You are now without a Protection Agreement and the benefits it provided."

I didn't remember buying any extended warranty or "Service Agreement" and today I went through my bills from 11/2007 when I bought it. The receipt reads this "Item 205771067 Samsung 40" LC OVR $1384." No info pertaining to any Master Protection Agreement or extra warranty or cost thereof. This *** mailing even listed this--> Product: TVLCDF1TR4, Location: In-Home, Installed: 11/23/2007

Funny, I bought this at Sears & put it in my car to go home & then I hooked it up. I don't remember Sears coming to my home to install it, how do they have an install date on file? I wasn't sure (it was 3+ years ago) but after looking at my receipt & owner's manual I keep in my desk drawer it's clear I never bought any Protection Agreement. I suspect doing so poorly competing with Home Depot & Lowes that Sears has to solicit customers and take part in this fraudulent activity.

Sears is pathetic.

Just my $.02 - hope my testimony can help others not be taken advantage of by these criminals...

:? :(