With Company response Not resolved

I have a 25,000 Btu air conditioner that quit working, I have the master protection plan, after 10 days the repairman came and of course it is the compressor blew up and had to order new parts! Another 2 weeks with no ac!

The big kicker is that it is over $800.00 to fix. A new model off of the floor is only$599.99. I could have picked it up and had ac in under 1 hour! Why in the world would they not replace it!

Oh and after 4 hours on the phone with no help at all I was told to go buy fans and they will reimburse me or i could get a rental! So now sears will pay over 3 times what the onit retails for? REALLY.

Oh and after compressor is put in , no gurantee it will work! Hard to tell if anything else is broke until compressor is in.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Protection Plan.

Company wrote 0 private and 1 public responses to the review from Aug 11, 2012.

Comments

This to me in my experience sounds completely fake. The reason for buying the protection upfront is it covers all repairs and labor ahead of time.

There is no way they tried to charge you additional money if you had a protection agreement. Obviously you had bad luck with the air conditioner but lying about the service is ridiculous.

microwavedinners

Sears is trying to get rid of anyone holding a "warranty" who actually needs service, a business model shared by the private health insurance industry.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Slickville deli,

My name is Kiera and I am part of the Sears Social Media Support Team. I am very sorry for the malfunctions you have experienced with your air conditioner. I can understand how being without your air conditioner for over 3 weeks during the summer time is infuriating and having to wait ten days for a technician to come out to your home doesn’t help the circumstances any further. We would like to speak to you in regards to your recent experience to see how we may be of assistance. At your convenience, please email our offices at SMAdvisor@searshc.com with your contact information (preferably a phone number) and a case manager will contact you. In addition to your telephone number please include your screen name (Slickville deli) you used to post to this site for reference to your issue. We do look forward to working with you soon.

Kiera J.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

nikalseyn

As you now understand, buying these protection plans are usually a waste of time and money. Especially from Sears, which is NOT the Sears, Roebuck we all grew to trust decades ago. Best to shop elsewhere for most everything, including tools.