Update by user Apr 02, 2012
So as of today it has been exactly one year since I originally ordered my furniture. I am happy to say that I was able to cancle my SEARS card (that I was forced to apply for)and tell them to shove it a few days ago.
It was simple all I had to do was (in addition to the years worth of fighting) have my mother call them and give them her credit card, my mother got a refund to her card and then had to ewmail me the money so I could in turn send Sears the money. Seriously why coudl they not just put the money on my card and be done with it.
Event he manager at CHASE (who does their credit stuff) said it was the worst set of rules he hever saw and that Sears hasd major issues! SERIOUSLY even the sleezy cc companies think there crazy!
So as I was talking to the furniture manager for the last time he said \"weell ge tthis done and well be good\" oh my porr deluded a&&ho$e we will never be good and I will continue to spread the word over and over and over again!
Original review posted by user Feb 29, 2012
Ok so...here it is in point form:
1. Bought Sofa and Chaise in April 2010 (on moms credit card)
2. Arrived as promised (June 1) - legs didn't fit the sofa, lady on phone said that they would have new legs to me within a week. At this point I should have said no way take it back and not accepted the delivery...I was foolish.
3. After weeks and many many many calls to Sears (salesman, cust service, store manager) still no legs...I am kept told that they are "ordered" and PS: teh store manager of Sears Kingsway Mall in Edmonton will not answer his phone or return your calls EVER - FYI
4. July a man comes (yeppieee) he took photos of the sofa and leaves - no legs yet.
5. In August my mother (who technically bought the sofa) called the store and tried to get satisfaction. She is in another province and had to threaten to sue Sears in Small claims court. They tell her she is being rash.....
6. They let me re-order my sofa and I have to pay for it with cash/credit card/ SEARS card.....I get the sears card because there is no way I am paying interest for this.
6. In October I get my new sofa ...legs don't fit My husband tells the delivery guys to take it back we won't accept it...the delivery guys run out of our house and drive off....... We force the legs on because we cant deal with this anymore.
7. I get a credit card statement that I owe then 2 grand (now they want me to pay twice for the sofa - the original has since been returned to Sears)
8. I ignore it because they are going to credit my card and I will be flush.
9. I get another statement (January 2012) that I still owe the money. I call Sears and they say that the credit was started in October 2011 and they aren't sure why it was never finished.
10. I call CHASE - who does Sears Credit Cards. They file a dispute. They will call me back within 24-48 hours.
11. I call chase the next month when I get yet another statement - Chase says that "they are busy" and that the purchase is put on hold and I "shouldn't worry about it"
12. I will go postal if I get another statement...........Ill keep you all posted.
Review about: Sears Delivery Service.
Monetary Loss: $2000.