With Company response Not resolved

Update by user Apr 02, 2012

So as of today it has been exactly one year since I originally ordered my furniture.I am happy to say that I was able to cancle my SEARS card (that I was forced to apply for)and tell them to shove it a few days ago.

It was simple all I had to do was (in addition to the years worth of fighting) have my mother call them and give them her credit card, my mother got a refund to her card and then had to ewmail me the money so I could in turn send Sears the money. Seriously why coudl they not just put the money on my card and be done with it.

Event he manager at CHASE (who does their credit stuff) said it was the worst set of rules he hever saw and that Sears hasd major issues!SERIOUSLY even the sleezy cc companies think there crazy!

So as I was talking to the furniture manager for the last time he said \"weell ge tthis done and well be good\" oh my porr deluded a&&ho$e we will never be good and I will continue to spread the word over and over and over again!

Original review posted by user Feb 29, 2012

Ok so...here it is in point form:

1. Bought Sofa and Chaise in April 2010 (on moms credit card)

2. Arrived as promised (June 1) - legs didn't fit the sofa, lady on phone said that they would have new legs to me within a week. At this point I should have said no way take it back and not accepted the delivery...I was foolish.

3. After weeks and many many many calls to Sears (salesman, cust service, store manager) still no legs...I am kept told that they are "ordered" and PS: teh store manager of Sears Kingsway Mall in Edmonton will not answer his phone or return your calls EVER - FYI

4. July a man comes (yeppieee) he took photos of the sofa and leaves - no legs yet.

5. In August my mother (who technically bought the sofa) called the store and tried to get satisfaction. She is in another province and had to threaten to sue Sears in Small claims court. They tell her she is being rash.....

6. They let me re-order my sofa and I have to pay for it with cash/credit card/ SEARS card.....I get the sears card because there is no way I am paying interest for this.

6. In October I get my new sofa ...legs don't fit My husband tells the delivery guys to take it back we won't accept it...the delivery guys run out of our house and drive off....... We force the legs on because we cant deal with this anymore.

7. I get a credit card statement that I owe then 2 grand (now they want me to pay twice for the sofa - the original has since been returned to Sears)

8. I ignore it because they are going to credit my card and I will be flush.

9. I get another statement (January 2012) that I still owe the money. I call Sears and they say that the credit was started in October 2011 and they aren't sure why it was never finished.

10. I call CHASE - who does Sears Credit Cards. They file a dispute. They will call me back within 24-48 hours.

11. I call chase the next month when I get yet another statement - Chase says that "they are busy" and that the purchase is put on hold and I "shouldn't worry about it"

12. I will go postal if I get another statement...........Ill keep you all posted.

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Comments

sears social media is ajoke, dont expect anything other than thier "talking points"that we'll reach out to the vendor or insurance company.Been doing this for a year withh me when thier delivery company hooked up washer wrong and flooded my basement. talked to candace ,areeandothers

:zzz

Sorry Brian but I do believe that I already sent your group an email and after recieving my response months after I don't think I will bother again.Besides if this dosnt' get fixed (credit card issue) I will take you guys to court...

thanks but no thanks.I will never shop Sears again!

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear A_day,

My name is Brian and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw this comment and I wanted to reach out to you to see if we could be of assistance. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the communication failure and disappointment in your sofa purchase. I can definitely understand why this situation is more than a bit confusing and very frustrating for you. My team handles Internet related complaints as well as complaints that come to the executive branch and we are interested in taking over the handling of this issue or at the very least monitoring the progress of the current resolution. We want to make sure that everything that can be done is being done on your behalf. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the sofa was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name A_day you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.