With Company response

On November 15th I used two Sears gift cards I had been given as a reward by my employer.I purchased a chaises lounge and a sectional sofa and paid $255 for premier delivery which was stated as being delivered inside our house.

We were supposed to receive the chaisse on 11/19 and the sectional on 11/26. The chaisse didn't arrive until 11/21 and was left out on the steps in the rain. The sofa never arrived. From 11/26-12/5 we made numerous calls to Sears and had it explained to us that even though we used a Sears gift card on Sears.com we actually didn't purchase the product from Sears that they broker for other vendors.

We asked them to provide us the number for the vendor and they were unable too, instead giving us wrong numbers. On 12/5 we were told by Sears that the item would be in stock on 12/6 and shipped 12/9 and to allow 7-10 days for delivery . It never came. On 12/19 we asked Sears if they would be willing to send a different black sectional.

They said no. We asked them if they would send the same model in a different color. They said no. We asked them to refund the money on my Sears master card and they told me that they would try to but it would take corporate approval and that they would contact us in 24-48 hours to tell us their response.

They didn't. I contacted the BBB and finally got an email from a case manager offering us free shipping and 10% off another item.

The problem is 1) Sears already is offering free shippin on their website so this was nothing special and 2) the discount only applied to "Sears only" items which are $500- $1000 more than the cost of what we originally tried to purchase.At the end of the day the only thing Sears did for all our troubles is simply give me the gift card back

Review about: Sears Manager.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Anonymous,

I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We thank you for posting about this situation regarding your chaise and sectional sofa purchase. We can truly understand your disappointment and see we have fallen short of your delivery expectations. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience and address your concerns. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, case#, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that I have assigned to reference your post (Anonymous467565), to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Liz R