With Company response Not resolved

Complaint made a month ago. Every other agency of entity can reach me.

Sears leaves messages evry week. Just can't connect with them. Then when you complain they offer you a token "gift" to stop. Where did the old Sears go?

No wonder they are in trouble.

Started with a 4 month old cordless power drill i received as a gift with no receipt which they would not honor warranty. They still havent changed advertisement and I trying where it says anywhere that warranty is valad only with a receipt.

Not on any of Sears ads or website or in their stores. Ohh Sears where did you go.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear weinbufo:

Please accept our apologies for the problems you are experiencing getting your warranty recognized even though the item was a gift. I certainly understand your frustration and inconvenience trying to find out the correct procedure when working with a warranty on an item that received as a gift. We would like to look into this situation further and offer our assistance toward a resolution.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the drill was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (weinbufo) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

If you can tell them an approximate date of purchase and especially if you paid with a credit card, you could ask them to look up the receipt for you and have them print it out. I do that for customers all of the time where I work.

weinbufo

Thank you for finding the warranty information which myself and three Sears representatives couldn't. I am sure that any customer who gives a sears power tool or anything from Sears as gifts this season will provide a receipt and the statement on the warranty policy wraped with the gift.

I received my powerdrill as a father's day in June and it failed in November. Not Sear's fault. Shame Shame Shame on my children for not providing a Sear's receipt with the gift to their dad. My apology to Sear's for the way I raised my children.

I can do a websearch and find hundreds of complaints about the same issue from Sears.

Why shouldn't they print their policy on their packaging next to the warranty ad.

Oh! that would cost mighty Sear's ink and they would be a true believer of customer service.

weinbufo

Please provide the exact ULR for this. I checked the Sears website and weekly ads and NEVER have I seen that returns including gifts warranty is ONLY valid with receipt.

Yes I agree that this is an understanding which should be made, but when you give a gift or receive a gift from Sears have you received a gift receipt with the product. Understand, the warranty is not valid according to Sears without it. Included Craftman's items, a Sears brand. I have not seen anything in a Sear's store to indicate this either.

I would like Sear's to advertise and let customers know of the policy. One year warranty is prominate on the packaging, but how you get the service or what's needed is not.

This is explained by a reliable store at time of purchase. Others do this!

Here it is, straight from the Craftsman.com site under warranty

Cordless Portable Power Tools FOR ONE YEAR from the date of purchase, this power tool and any battery pack or charger are warranted against any defects in material or workmanship. With proof of purchase, a defective product will be replaced free of charge.

This warranty does not cover expendable parts that can wear out from normal use within the warranty period. This warranty is void if this product is ever used while providing commercial services or if rented to another person.

If you look at any Craftsman drill, or other power tool on the Sears website it shows that the warranty is one year. How are they supposed to know if you are within the one year period if you don't have a receipt?

That policy is listed in the customer service section of the website under "warranty information". I don't know any store that excepts any exchanges or returns without a receipt. Nice try though.