Ease of Use

i own a 700.00 6.5 hp high wheel craftsman *** trimmer , i went to the sears near me , where i bought it , to get a new air filter and spark plug , 1st no one in the dept to help me , had to stand in line at checkout counter for help, then he kept saying he didn't know what to do , i had to ask twice to tell him to call someone that could help me , then person #2 asked what i needed , looked the part up which i had brought to the counter with me but i could tell it was not going to work , so i took the filter out of the package and used my caliper to measure the mounting hole for the filter and i had my old filter and showed him it was different and will not work , he told me i should buy a new trimmer ! i told him i paid i think around 700.00 for it it still works and if you not stocking an air filter for it makes it obsolete is a bunch of crap and i wish all the stuff i ever bought at sears i wish i never had bought , and i have a lot of sears tools , not a good thing to tell someone your 700.00 weedtrimmer is junk because you cannot get an air filter for it !

so he tried looking it up again and made phone calls and is tell me the filter in front of me will fit ! so the sore manager shows up after a half hour of trying to buy an air filter and he tries and same thing he tells me the one in front of me fits , so i get out the calipers again measure their new filter and my used one and there is a 1/8 " difference in the mounting hole !

so he tells me to jam it on ! i told him it mounts to a plastic tube and it will break , i told him i will bring my trimmer in so he can jam it on so if it breaks he can pay for it because i am not going to jam something on and break it and waste 700.00 , needless to say i walked away without a filter and cannot use my 700.00 sears craftsman *** trimmer , what a waste of my money buying this from sears and will never buy anything from sears again , the things i use everyday which is my craftsman 5 pc cordless tool set , i will just get pissed everytime i use them because it will remind me of a 700.00 piece of equipment sitting out in the garage that is useless ,i think what i will do is buy a filter that doesn't fit and drill out the opening to 7/8" to make it fit which i really don't want to do it is not the best solution , but you have to do what you can when sears doesn't sell replacement parts for the equipment the sell, i think i am going to advertise my sears craftsman snow blower for sale before that is obsolete not because it doesn't run but because sears doesn't or can't service what they sell, Jack Eaton Yakima Wash.

Review about: Craftsman String Trimmer.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Wasted my money buying from sears, Customer service stinks.

Comments