6/25/16 I bought a lawnmower from Sears. I used the lawn mower about 6 times before winter weather sent in.

A week ago I serviced the mower by changing the oil and putting new gas in it since the Texas weather has been in the high 70's and low 80's the last few days in Houston. When I went to start it the mower would not start. On 2/4/2017 I took it back to the Sears store to have it repaired since I had a 2 year warranty on it. Today 2/7/2017 I received a call from the service department telling me that the air valve in the carburetor had been contaminated so the warranty was no good and I would have to pay to have it fixed.

I would like to know how I would have contaminated a carburetor when I know nothing about a mower and especially a carburetor except to put gas in it , change the oil, and mow the yard. It is not even a big yard since I live in a city subdivision. I would like to know also how I could have contaminated an almost new mower since it had only been used about 6 times since I bought it.

I do not see why I should have to pay to have it repaired when the warranty should cover the repairs. I will never buy anything else from Sears again.

Review about: Craftsman Lawn Mower.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I liked: Promises of quality which in turn were false.

I didn't like: Refusal to fix the problem and lack of caring.

Comments

I have a 2013 craftsman yt3000 riding lawn mower, would not start,took it to get repaired said it was the compression relief spring, the repair shop found it laying in bottom of mower,the repairman said it should've never went out this soon,