I took my parents 42" Hailer TV in to Sears #1016 on University Avenue as per the instructions of the phone help line. I was busy so I had an employee take my business card in so they would have my number to call me for the ESTIMATE. When the store rep called me, I couldnt understand his broken form of English, so I asked for someone who spoke English. I got someone , and they said they would CALL me with an ESTIMATE.( after complaining that they do not take tv's larger than 22" in-store for repair).

When they finally did call a two weeks later, James Bryson Spivey (receiving lead man...woohooo....only a step above a door greeter at Wal Mart) called to say the TV could not be fixed, and that I owed them $130.40. I asked him what happened to my ESTIMATE......and he proceeded to tell me that was my ESTIMATE......for them calling a SEARS TECHNICIAN into THEIR OWN STORE...and payment was due in full. I told them to keep the TV, and that I would be telling everyone about their great customer service.

My only mistake was that I work for a non-profit, and James Bryson Spivey proceeded to call and email my CEO and tell her about this because I used an employee and my business card to make this transaction. He used this tactic to force me to pay the bill.....or else. He along with Lori Prado-Johnson, the Ops Manager for #1016 have won the battle, but not the war. I am paying the $130.40 to keep my job, but will spend every waking hour publishing the "great" things about Sears. Hopefully I can spread the word about their great customer service.......and their techniques of stealing from people for their non-working trash they sell.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

#192913

To BigDaddy72032,

My name is Marcus and I am part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and I am very concerned about what I have read here concerning your experience with the Sears Repair Center. I want to apologize that the associates at the repair center did not handle this situation the right way. My escalations team would like to step in and assist with this issue. The Repair Center should have given you the estimate first before they rendered service on your T.V. I want you to know that Sears apologizes for the inconvenience that this has caused. There is no reason why the associate should have contacted the CEO of your company to bring resolve to this issue. We don’t want this situation to deter you from future shopping’s at Sears. Sears Cares is a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager as your point of contact. At your convenience, please contact our office at searscares@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the T.V. was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (BigDaddy72032) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Marcus C.