Patterson, Louisiana

Instead of a review I'm pasting the acutul BBB form. See for your self.

COMPLAINT ACTIVITY REPORT Case # 94357524 BBB serving Chicago & Northern Illinois

Business Info: Sears Holdings Corporation

3333 Beverly Rd B6-258b

Hoffman Estates, IL 60179-0001

800 762-3049

Location Involved: (Same as above)

Consumer's Original Complaint :

I purchased a dryer from sears along with a master service agreement. The product has had to be looked at or repaired 10 times in 5yrs. We have had to wait 10 - 14 days for repairs. Now They didnt even show up for the repair appointment or call to explain why. This has been an ongoing issue an absolutly unacceptable equipment quality and customer service. They are aware of my concerns. As of right now the only reason I am still dealing with them is I still am under the service aggrement until Oct. 29th. But as soon as that is up unless a appropriate response occurs, I will no longer purchase any items from sears. As of right now my entire kitchen is Kenmore. Washer, Dryer, dishwasher, stove, refrigarator. It is unfortunate that a buisness is willing to lose a obviously loyal customer over an obviously faulty piece of equipment.

Consumer's Desired Resolution:

I want a properly working item that doesnt have to be repaired with in moths of purchase

BBB Processing

330 North Wabash Ave., Ste. #2006

Chicago, IL 60611

Re: #94357524 â€" Byron McMichael

Dear Ms. Virghes:

We have completed the investigation of Mr. McMichael's complaint regarding his dissatisfaction with our customer service, his dryer, and his subsequent request for a replacement.

The terms of Mr. McMichael's Master Protection Agreement specifically state, ''We will, at your request, replace the product covered by this MPA in the event of four or more product failures, as determined by us, due to a defect in parts or workmanship within any continuous twelve month period.'' It goes on to define product failure as ''…must include replacement of a functional, non-expendable part, and does not include preventive maintenance, product diagnosis, customer instruction, accessory, cosmetic, or non-functional repair.'' The two steps to most service calls are a diagnosis visit and then the installation of the ordered parts on the next visit. Manufacturers' warranties and Sears Protection Agreements do not promise that repair will be completed within a specific time frame or period. With that said, although Mr. McMichael's dryer does not meet the aforementioned guidelines for replacement at this time we can definitely understand his frustration with the issues detailed in his complaint. We have made several attempts to contact him to discuss his concerns but we were unable to reach him at the telephone numbers we have on file: DELETED. We left messages at the aforementioned telephone numbers, but he has not responded and unfortunately he did not provide a telephone number with his complaint. Our records indicate that our technician completed a repair for Mr. McMichael's dryer on July 19, 2011, and confirmed that it was operating to the manufacturer's specifications afterward. At this time, we can only apologize for any inconvenience Mr. McMichael may have experienced and can assure him that his comments have been forwarded to management for review. If he would like to discuss his complaint further, Mr. McMichael may contact Sears Parts and Repair Customer Support Manager Julia Anderson, at 850-857-5708, at his earliest convenience. We respectfully ask to have this matter closed pending a response from Mr. McMichael, since we have provided services appropriate and relative to the terms of the Master Protection Agreement for Mr. McMichael's dryer.

We appreciate the opportunity to address this matter. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Nicki Goldberg

Regulatory Complaint Specialist

512-248-7741

1-800-762-3049 Ext. 87741

08/12/2011 Otto EMAIL Forward Business Response to Consumer

08/12/2011 WEB BBB RECEIVED CONSUMER REBUTTAL : (The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.)

While Nikki is correct, That they came on the 19th to fix the unit and when the technician left it was working, If she checks her records the VERY next day the unit was not operating properly. I called and schedule ANOTHER service for I believe the 23th which is unusual considering every other time I have scheduled service it takes normally 7-10 days to get a technician. Regardsless the seervice was scheduled and the technician never showed up. As for them trying to contact me, They started attempting to call Around Aug. 1st, more than 3wks after the complaint. Your records state BBS had to contact them with a final notcie. I works nights offshore 28 days at a time. I was already at work when they started calling and her office is closed during the hours I am up. That being said NO I AM NOT satisfied with their product or service. As proven yet again by no showing and not calling to set another date. And no I did not call back because as a consumer I should not have to CHASE them down to service a master service agreement. As I stated before regardless of the "wording" in the service agreement, a product that starts malfunctioning that soon after purchace

Review about: Sears Replacement.

Monetary Loss: $2000.