I purchased a wall mounted fan from the Sears "Marketplace". I purchased it for a room that was being renovated, so I didn't install it right away.

About a week after it was installed, my grandchildren were staying the weekend and slept in the room with the newly installed fan. About 3 am the fan broke, literally came apart inside the cage. The noise was so loud that my grandchildren thought there was gunfire and were terrified laying there in the dark. I immediately contacted Sears and the person I spoke to told me I had to call the manufacturer.

He gave me a phone number that didn't work, so I called Sears back. They tried calling the number and found that it wasn't a working number. I was told they would get back to me in 72 hours. They didn't.

I called again and was again told that they would get back to me in 72 hours. This time I got an e-mail stating that since I didn't return the fan in 30 days, there was nothing they could do. I repeat, the fan worked for about 5 hours and Sears refuses to warranty it. I chatted with them and all they could say was I should have returned it in 30 days and that there was nothing they could do.

Sears used to take care of their customers. This is no longer true. Now I understand why so many of their stores are going out of business.

DON"T BUY FROM SEARS!!!! They won't take care of you if something goes wrong.!!

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I didn't like: Poor response from sears.

Comments