With Company response Not resolved

My wife and I visited the sears outlet in Concord,NC on 12/21/13 to purchase a new washing machine.We didn't have much available cash so someone suggested we try for a credit card.

We tried and got approved for not much but enough that we could get a decent washer and dryer. We couldn't decide on what to do so we left and thought about it. Went back the next day to purchase the washer/dryer. The 2 associates we dealt with that day were awesome at their job and helped us as much as possible after an issue with the credit card and I found out they did this and neither of them were making commission on this sale.

I held off on delivery because we were in dire need of these and I wanted to see if I could get someone to help me move it and get a truck. I was unable to secure a truck so my wife called the store to see when we could get it delivered. They said at 3 in the afternoon they still had appointments for the next day. So that night we went back in to pay for the delivery charge and was dealt with the person who was getting the commission on our sale.

He informed us they had nothing available for the next day and didn't at the time someone told us they still did all without looking at the delivery schedule. We then asked about a different day and he said they could only confirm a delivery time between 7 am and 9pm. That wasn't going to work due to neither my wife or I can afford to take the entire day off of work to wait for them to show up. We then enquired about a Saturday delivery.

We were then informed that it could be weeks before we has a Saturday available and it would be an additional fee for Saturday with the same 7am to 9pm time frame for delivery. By this time we were getting quite upset because I forgot to mention this guys customer service skills were to say it politely were very poor.No compassion or understanding to our situation. He just plain didn't care and was not even trying to. Not having time to debate with this guy anymore we decided to just get a refund and go somewhere else.

He gave us a refund,but we had put $500 on the charge and paid the rest in cash,he refunded it ALL to the credit card. When we said to him he just refunded the purchase that was paid partially in cash,he said that was how Sears did it and that they didn't keep that kind if cash in the store. So now we have our only free money tied up as a credit on an account that we don't even have a card for so now we cannot even go somewhere else to shop. When we said that to him he didn't care.

We then asked to speak to the manager and guess who the manager was,this guy that just screwed us over. So now we a stuck going to the Laundromat until we get the card. Contacted cooperate and they still have not replied.

I will never shop in a Sears again until they do something about their poor customer service.

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Comments

Piscataway Township, New Jersey, United States #765492

He sad part about is whole thing is that people are still buying from Sears assuming that they are going to do what they say they are going to do.Through most of these complaints I have seen that nothing ever happens with this company unless it benefits them.

The customer means nothing and they are only out to make a profit. They are 2.8 BILLION dollars in debt and the CEO is desperate to start selling off parts of this company to reconcile the debt. This is no longer the old dependable Sears but a new selfish Sears with employees that are rewarded for all the bad attributes like stealing, abusing good employees and forgetting about customer service. We would all be better served if this store would just go belly up.

No one else would have to go through this frustration.:(

SearsCares
Sears Response

dcm614,

I saw your comment today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Kurt and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We are truly sorry to hear about your experience with your recent washer and dryer purchase and the issues you encountered trying to have the items delivered. We would like to have a dedicated case manager speak with you so we can look into the matter further. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that you have been assigned to reference your post (dcm614), to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Kurt M.