Oakes, North Dakota
With Company response Not resolved

I placed an online order for store pickup of a camcorder. The item was listed as available in the store.

I got an e-mail shortly after stating that the item was not available in the store and offering to ship it to me at no extra charge. The item was a gift and it looked like I would get it in time. As a result, I requested that the item be shipped to me. A few days later, over the weekend, I received an e-mail stating that my item had been shipped along with a UPS tracking number.

I checked the tracking number on Monday and Tuesday and got messages stating that the tracking number was not found. I called customer service on Tuesday and was told that the tracking number was wrong and I needed to call UPS to get the right tracking number (????). I didn't agree with this and asked the rep to call UPS while I was on the line. She called and found that UPS could not provide her with any information.

I asked to be transferred to a Superviosor. I was disconnected 3 times and finally reached a supervisor on my 4th attempt. After about 25-25 minutes more the Supervisor informs me that the item is not in stock and was never shipped. They will credit my account (which will take 3-5 business days) and offer me 10% of my next online purchase.

I needed the item by the next day!

I ordered the item from a place in NY and received by the next day!!! The second merchant provided fabulous service.

Comments

Nice reply from the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I replied promptly to their comments and even sent them a copy of the e-mail from Sears with the UPS tracking number (for the package that was never sent).

I gave them my cell phone number and home phone number for them "to call me directly". I have still not received any communication from them.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Nishaisaac:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I am very concerned about what I have read here. I came across your post and I wanted to reach out and offer our assistance in getting this unfortunate situation resolved. We’re very sorry to hear about the service you have received from our online team and we apologize for the frustration this has caused you and your family. This is not the type of service that you deserve nor the type of service that Sears has been long known for. Sears Social Media Escalations Team is a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. We would like to look into this issue for you and offer our assistance to help resolve it.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the Camcorder was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Nishaisaac) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.