2.0
Layout of Store

The new Sears? 4/05/16

To anyone considering what was ONCE a well respected Sears appliance company.

My wife and I purchased what was recommended to us by a Sears salesman as a top of the line Sears quality dishwasher.

On 3/11/14 we purchased this brand new Sears Kitchen Aid dish washer direct from Sears at a total cost of $1662.92, which included an optional 5 years sears warranty.

Within a year we had to call sears as although it was installed professionally it stopped cleaning dishes properly.

We had a Sears repairman come out to check the washer his conclusion was the drain hose was not working properly, he repaired and reinstalled. We were grateful.

Six months later the same problem occurred again with this sears dishwasher, it stopped cleaning unless it was in the heavy duty wash cycle, plus the door no longer seamed attached as when opening if fell where it once had a spring.

We again scheduled a sears tech to follow up.

When removed to our dismay, it appeared that the dishwasher had an upper internal leak, this leak obviously started when last reinstalled as the complete steel frame, and steel springs which once held the door had completely rusted and disintegrated, the wood floor also had severe wood rot complete with mold spores everywhere.

The sear's repair man noted all this damage, then told us he had to go to the van to get all the necessary parts, 50 minutes later he returned with a message from his boss that our warranty had expired, when I said it was for 5 years, he embarrassingly said we were obligated to call once a year to check this new Sears kitchen Aid dishwasher.

My wife informed him a Sears rep had worked on it 5 months prior, this second sears repairman said he was just the messenger and had 9 other appointments and had to leave.

When I asked this Sears repairman his name he said he did not have to provide this information, but gave me instead his tech number which is 0923714 “whatever this mean” and a bill for $1,392.34 in case we wished it repaired with a verbal option to “simply” buy a new one.

How many folks remember common courtesy with Sears products?

Welcome to 2016, where Sears appliances and their once mighty reputation of integrity has been replaced with profits and dishonesty over customer satisfaction.

Kirk Giordano.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kitchenaid Dishwasher.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: fix it as I have paid for a 5 year warranty, it has not been even two years.

I liked: Have a low standard today.

I didn't like: Price guarantee lies, Long depute process, No more integrity, Poor service, Lies of warrenties.

Comments