With Company response Not resolved

My husband bought a 5 year service contract for our new air-conditioning and heating system in 2008. In 2010, during a heat wave, my system stopped working and I called for service. The "first appointment available was 3 weeks later. Fortunately, a supervisor was able to move that up to within three days. The service man diagnosed the problem - but did not have a tool to fix it and could set an appointment two weeks later. Again, a supervisor arranged an earlier appointment for me. Repair was finally done.

Service contract allowed for annual maintenance service and I called to schedule for my heating system so as to keep it in good working condition. Three separate appointments were made and broken - due to "overbooking" before service was provided. The maintenance service took all of 15 minutes...but cost me three separate four hour appointment blocks before being provided!

Called to schedule maintenance of air conditioner and an appointment was scheduled for today - between 8a.m. and noon. At 12:30 I called to see when the person was coming to discover they would have to reschedule....not enough technicians to meet appointments scheduled.

Consider carefully before buying an expensive service contract with sears...the frustration of dealing with them and their broken appointments is not worth the cost.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

On Friday Dec,30 a technician from Sears replace my Microwave door and handle as it was cracked (2nd time)for replacement.The Microwave was functioning well even if the door was cracked and the protective glass was slides down with a 1.5" on the top.

After he left the Microwave will no function properly any more and the interior light was on all the time with the door closed or open.

I call for repair of war it was done by Sears rep and I was schedule an appointment for Monday 30, almost 3 weeks from calling.I didn't brake the Microwave it was sears and we are good customers paying a great amount for Maintenance.

It is obvious Sears is changing for the worst.We have trusted Sears for too many years.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Gma:

We found this post and I wanted to reach out and express our concern and our deepest apologies for this situation. When we set up a service call, we anticipate that we can get the service tech to your home and the service completed within the time frame we give you. The issue with your service was most likely because a technician was held on service appointments that took longer than expected. We can’t ask a tech to leave a job partially done in order to make the next appointment(s). We wouldn’t do that to you or any of our customers. We also can’t know how long a particular job is going to take until the technician gets to the job and diagnoses the issue. Many times it takes longer because we are not going to cut corners for the sake of time. This does cause delays on occasion, but sacrificing quality for time is simply not an option for us. Of course, this is not an excuse, just an explanation. That being said you should have been contacted and added to the next day’s route, or the first route you would be available for due to getting your service delayed. We would still like to talk with you to see how we can make this right for you and help you to get your air conditioner serviced.

My name is Susan and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so we can get this resolved for you. We can help get your air conditioner serviced for you or at the very least monitor the progress of the current resolution. We need to make sure that everything that can be done is being done on your behalf. Please send an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the air conditioner was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Gma) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.