With Company response Not resolved

My wife Stacie and I made a store purchase of an elliptical trainer on January 20, 2012. Your customer service department later phoned Stacie to schedule delivery for January 26th between 11:30am and 2:30pm. Like most people it was an inconvenience to *** work that afternoon. On the 26th I was at home awaiting delivery as I had promised. At 2:00pm I had not heard from the delivery service so I called the delivery representative by phone. The delivery representative told me that the elliptical machine had not been in the store that morning so they would be unable to deliver it as promised. I asked why I had not been notified earlier in the day about the delivery status. I was told it is not the responsibility of the delivery department to make such notifications. While I was upset about not receiving my product, I was angrier that I had wasted my entire afternoon waiting for an item that your company knew was not going to be delivered. I phoned the local store with whom I had been working on this order and spoke to the department manager. Not only did he not apologize for my inconvenience, he told me he was not responsible for the errors of the delivery service. I immediately asked to speak with the store manager. He was slightly more willing to offer some assistance. He agreed to forgive the $70 delivery fee if I was willing to reschedule delivery. I rescheduled for January 28th and was promised delivery in the "early afternoon". On the 27th the delivery department called to confirm delivery between noon and 2pm.January 28th was a Saturday and I was at home awaiting delivery at 11:30am. At 3:30pm I had still not been contacted by the delivery service. Since Stacie and I had an appointment at 5pm, it would not have been possible for delivery to be made that late while still allowing time for assembly before we needed to leave home. Again, I called the store to complain and again I spoke with the department manager. He was not very helpful at first but ultimately agreed to take $100 off the purchase price if we wanted to reschedule delivery. I did reschedule for January 30th. I also left a message for the store manager to call me back. He called once but we missed each other so I called and left another message for him to call me back. That was one week ago and I have yet to receive a call back from the store manager. On the 29th Stacie received confirmation for delivery on the 30th between noon and 2pm. The item was finally delivered about 2:30pm. This will be my last purchase from Sears.

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Staciecro,

I have just read about the ordeal you have been through concerning the delivery of your elliptical. Please accept our apologies. You worked with us and waited patiently for something seemingly simple as a delivery, so your frustrations are completely understandable. My name is Stephanie L. and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team, I would like one of our corporate case managers to contact you and look further into this. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your elliptical was purchased under, and we will call you. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name “Staciecro” for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Stephanie L.