With Company response

In December our washer broke.I called Sears to schedule repair.

It took them over two weeks to get here and fix it. I was told the warranty purchase was a good deal and if they could not fix it if it broke again, I could get the cost of warranty put toward a new washer. The washer worked for a couple of months and I called again for them to come and fix it. It worked for a couple of weeks and I rescheduled yet another repair scheduled for May 6th.

We went out of town for a child's event and paid someone to be at our home during the repair. SEARS called to say they could not come between 7-11 am and the person we hired was scheduled to leave at 11:00. I called and told SEARS this and they still did not come between the time they scheduled. I asked for the warranty to got towards a new washer and I was told they could not do that.

ONLY SEARS CAN SAY when they will refund the warranty. This means that they could come once a month for the entire year and still not refund the warranty cost. What a horrible scam.

I'll never purchase through SEARS again.Sincere, Sally Bart

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

I am not a customer support person like Ms. Laura here, but I do work for Sears and know exactly what the protection agreement covers (and how it can be exploited). I agree it sucks they have to keep coming out, but after the fourth time in a year they replace it, as stated in your contract. People on the 800 numbers have probably been employed there for less than a week, as all call centers, and don't really know what the contract covers (I have to deal with them daily), but the best way to deal with them is to have your documentation in hand so you can prove you're right and be firm but respectful. That's the best honest advice I can give for your current situation.

Or give Laura a holler as she is not a scammer (this is something Sears does regularly) and she does have a little more authority to make things happen for you.

But next time shop at a Sears Home Appliance Showroom! We take care of service calls for you there and don't take their BS. Plus there's free cookies and drinks and stuff. All around a much better experience than the malls or online.

SearsCares sounds like a huge scame do not e-mail this person they are probably looking for your credit card info

SearsCares
Sears Response

To Sally Bart,

I want to apologize for the poor service you have received while trying to have your washer repaired. At Sears, we pride ourselves on making sure our valued customers are satisfied with our products and services and it appears we have not met that goal here. From your post I can see that this has been a source of great frustration for you and we would like to assist.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Sally Bart) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Laura D.