Bought a Kenmore hot water heater 12/19/11,installed it 12/20/11 and the ignitor would not spark.Was going to unsweat piping & return but decided to call Sears service.They had a tech come out next day and he confirmed it was not sparking.

So he ordered burner assy & ignitor and expected the parts to arrive Fri.12/23/11. Te tech also said that when they do arrive ,he would return Fri. and install the parts. Well Fri.

12/23/11 the parts came at 12:00 noon, and I called Sears service to have a Service tech to come and replace the parts, but the lady who answered told me the soonest she could schedule was Tues.12/27/11. I was furious, and told them this was unacceptable but all I got was 'that is the soonest we can do" my family and I were with hot water for over 4 days and i was pissed!So i called a local company and had them replace the parts,it cost me over $120,but at least we have hot water.

I sent an email to Sear to see if they will pay but don't hold your breath.Jim

Comments

I have purchased several hundreds of dollars worth of appliances from Sears.I have only had two incidents where I even needed to call them: (1) The spin motor went out on the microwave about one month after it was installed.

The service man came out in two days and fixed it at no charge. (2) The guy that installed the refrigerator was not a Sears employee. He did a poor job of door alignment, etc.

so I called Sears and they sent their rep.out and he made all adjustments & I was happy.

nikalseyn

Hindsight is great, but you should know better than to buy a water heater---or anything---from Sears. They are not the company they once were.