With Company response

8/3/2013 - We ordered two pair of boots from sears.com for a total amount of $75.70 via PayPal.

8/5/2013 - PayPal transaction cleared our checking account for $75.70.

8/19/2013 - My wife called sears.com online customer service number 1-800-697-3277 and spoke with "Joan." My wife inquired as to why she had not received the purchased items yet. "Joan" informed my wife that, "Yes, we have received your order and the money for it, but the order had not been processed properly." "Jean" said that she would have to forward this to their "Off-Line Department" for handling and resolution. My wife was promised to hear back from them in 24 hours.

8/21/2013 - No communication from Sears, yet. My wife calls the customer service number, again, and speaks to "Helga." "Helga" informed my wife that "Jean" had not actually sent the request to the "Off Line "Department" and that she would hear back in 24 to 48 hours.

8/22/2013 - My wife received a "generic" email stating, "We have received your order for... However, our order did not properly process. If you would like to replace the order, please call..."

My wife called the customer service number in the email, 1-800-283-6940, and spoke with "Jamillia," a "Resolution Case Manager." "Jamillia" told my wife that this was a "bad order" and my wife would have to pay for it again in order to reprocess through the computer system.

At this point, they are trying to get twice the money for the purchase.

8/22/2013 3:00 PM EDT - I called the corporate number, 1-847-286-2500 and asked to speak to the executive in charge of Online Purchasing. I spoke with "Kelly" who said that she was of the "highest authority to reslove this situation." She did agree that paying twice for one order is wrong. "Kelly' also said that the transaction was processed back to PayPal on 8/22/2013. Not satisfied, we want the products.

8/22/2013 4:30 PM EDT - No refund in PayPal. I called the Corporate number again and when I asked for the executive in charge of Customer Service, I was transferred to "Sheathe" she said that she was a member of the Blue Ribbon staff and was an Executive Case Manager, the "highest rung of the ladder." She was able to give me the order number, 540891365. She defined a "bad order" as an order that does not as the computer's fraud checking system." She gave me a case number of 1668222 and a phone number of 1-888-266-4043 X 72. She passed me on to "Shauna." She checked PayPal ad said that we should see the refund in24 hours. She checked on the order that should have been. The men's item was still $34.99, but the women's item had gone up from $34.99 to $54.99. Bait and Switch.

This is what she said she could do:

$34.99 for the Men's

$96.44

4.08 Rewards Pts

------

$92.36 Purchase trans to PayPal

A credit of $17.99 would be processed after the transaction cleared.

8/22/2013 5:30 PM EDT - I called the number for the Blue Ribbon staff, 1-888-266-4043 X 72 to try to speak to "Shauna" again because we didn't have the funds to process a transaction for $92 to our account. I spoke with "Joanie." She gave me the same purchase amount and breakdown that "Shauna" had. I asked if the post-purchase credit could be a discount instead. She said that they can't do that.

8/23/2013 10:05 AM EDT - I called the executive number again and tried to speak to a Director or VP responsible for the online Purchase department. I was told that there was no way I could talk to any such person.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous,

My name is Brian, and I am part of the Sears Cares team. We are sorry for the continued frustration, and apologize that your issue has yet to be resolved. We will forward this information to your case manager for attention. We thank you for your patience, and look forward to finding a satisfactory resolution for you soon.

Brian S.