With Company response Not resolved

I purchased a Kenmore Elite dryer along with the Service Agreement.The dryer was okay - never good - but I had no service calls for 4 years.

I extended the Service Agreement. The dryer stopped drying. The Agreement offers replacement if there are 4 or more repairs in a year with a functional appliance. My dryer was always functional - just took 4 hours to dry a load of kids clothes.

I had repair after repair. Each time the technician would say "let's try this" and order a different part. Twice the dryers placement was the problem (i.e. too close to the wall, too far from the wall) even though it had worked for 4 years in that same spot.

I hired people to clean the dryer vent repeatedly - but it wasn't dirty. Somehow, I never qualified under the Agreement. Last week Sears contacted me to offer a service plan extension. I explained that I was not interested as Agreement was worthless.

The rep, "Arthur from Miami" sounded shocked and verified service calls on 3/9/12, 4/25/12, 7/25/12, 8/2/12, 10/2/12, 10/20/12, 4/5/13, 8/13/13, gave me a number to call once again. I spoke with Courtney who spoke with her supervisor Janie. My dryer did not qualify and they could not send me a copy of the Agreement because mine expired 6 days ago. Sears is underhanded and fraudulent with this agreement.

Deceptive Trade Practice.I have hired an attorney.

Review about: Sears Protection Plan.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Hi anonymous471927,

Thank you for bringing the multiple repair service appointments for your dryer to our attention.We can understand why you are disappointed with the protection agreement after having so many service calls.

My name is Isaac and I’m member with the Sears Social Media Support team. We would like to partner you with a member of our case management team that will further review other available options under the extended warranty.

Please send the following information – your contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name I have created for you (anonymous471927), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com.Again, thank you for taking time to post about your appliance repair and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Isaac D.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

nikalseyn
Columbia, Kentucky, United States #775763

Most all of these extended warranties and service agreements turn out to be rather worthless. It is much cheaper to buy a no-frills appliance and when it breaks and you cannot fix it yourself, just throw it out and buy a new one.