With Company response Not resolved

On October 31, 2013 I ordered a new bedroom set and a new mattress from Sears. When the order was confirmed everything had a delivery date of November 12.

When November 12 came I recieved the mattress and boxspring but not the furniture. I called customer service to address this issue and they couldn't even tell me anything about why I didn't recieve it or where it was. The next day I contacted them again and still had no answers. After needing to contact them 5 times I finally recieved an answer of there has been a delay with the vendor.

I paid $398 for shipping and this is the kind of treatment I recieve. I don't know about anyone else but if I'm paying $398 for shipping I expect that item to arrive on time. Given this situation I expected to recieve my shipping charge back because Sears somehow messed this up but that would be quality customer service to do something like that. Sears refused and just gave me an attitude.

To make a long story short the product finally arrived on the 22nd......10 days late. So if you want to order something from Sears be prepared to have thing delivered when they feel like it, not when they say they will and be prepared to pay outrageous shipping charges to have something arrive 10 days late and finally be prepared to be provided with horrible customer service where nobody knows anything.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Delivery Service.

Company wrote 0 private and 1 public responses to the review from Dec 02, 2013.

Comments

Piscataway Township, New Jersey, United States #765574

You are lucky that you received the furniture at all. Usually they take your money and cancel the order.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Hi erhasstmich,

Thank you for posting about your bedroom furniture delivery, we see this has been a disadvantageous situation for you. Please be assured Sears makes every effort to meet delivery commitments, there are times when product availability from the vendor may cause an off-set of the proposed delivery appointment. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. I am taking this time to reach out to you to offer our assistance. While we are happy to know your furniture has been delivered, we would like to have a dedicated case manager contact you to see what options are available to bring your inquiry to a satisfactory resolution. Please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name (erhasstmich), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, thank you for posting; we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Brian R.