Years ago I purchased a home improvement project from Sears, a permanent coating for my house eaves and pillars with a lifetime warranty.It is now peeling and cracking.

I called Sears to get it repaired. I was told they could see in their system that I had had it done and the year but they were not required by law to keep copies of original paperwork or warranties past 5-7 years. Since they no longer had a copy of the warranty, I would have to produce it in order for them to repair it. I cannot find it and I assumed that such a reputable company would surely keep such things on file.

According to Sears, the burden of proof is on the homeowner, and if the homeowner cannot produce the original paperwork, they will not honor lifetime warranties once the information has been purged from their system.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #238108

They Sears are correct, it is the buyers resposibility to keep there warranty papers not the seller.Why would Sears, Walmart or any large Store keep your records.

Find your paper work Maybe it was a case was the warranty was not transferrable and you bought the property from a previous owner.Your paper work will have all details.