With Company response Not resolved

Purchase (2) 140cc side discharge mowers late in 2012. The salesman sold me on the 'self priming' unit which at the time sounded like a good idea.

Used each for less than 3 hours each. Fast forward May, 2013: One mower will start only with starting fluid forced into the carb, the other won't start at all. No obstructions in the fuel lines, carb cleaner used (after 3 hours?!) Sears will not warranty since I did not purchase the extended warranty. I posted a scathing review on the Sears website that resulted in an email (to which I responded but have not heard anything).

Also, they won't post my review. What a horrible way to treat customers.

Review about: Sears Website.

Comments

janscot12

UPDATE After my post here (which still has never shown up on the Sears website) I was contacted by Sears to address my concern. Before this, I contacted Briggs and Stratton who told me that the engine is warranted for 2 years and I could take it to a non-Sears repair shop (only a few) that will actually work on and warrant Craftsman mowers.

Subsequently, after much back and forth with the Sears Social Media person - not the one who posted here, and an offer to replace the mower with the same model (as if I am an ***), they were able to shut me up with a replacement of another model. While this was appropriate for a mower that was in service for about 2 hours, it was a pain in the butt. Upon return of the old mower their service department again told me 'just because the mower doesn't start doesn't mean it's a warranty issue' proves that they are after the extended warranty business. I refused to engage them, even when the store manager tried to sell me an extended warranty on the replacement mower!!

Worth the grief and aggravation? I guess it depends on whether of not the new mower starts next spring.

SearsCares
Sears Response

janscot12,

I saw your post here and I want to apologize for the difficulty you’ve had with your lawn mowers. I can understand how frustrating it is when something you purchased does not perform as expected. My name is Dianne with Sears Social Media Support team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns such as yours. At your convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (janscot12), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com – We look forward to speaking to you.

Dianne D.