With Company response Not resolved

Purchase (2) 140cc side discharge mowers late in 2012.The salesman sold me on the 'self priming' unit which at the time sounded like a good idea.

Used each for less than 3 hours each. Fast forward May, 2013: One mower will start only with starting fluid forced into the carb, the other won't start at all. No obstructions in the fuel lines, carb cleaner used (after 3 hours?!) Sears will not warranty since I did not purchase the extended warranty. I posted a scathing review on the Sears website that resulted in an email (to which I responded but have not heard anything).

Also, they won't post my review.What a horrible way to treat customers.

Review about: Sears Website.

Comments

janscot12

UPDATE After my post here (which still has never shown up on the Sears website) I was contacted by Sears to address my concern.Before this, I contacted Briggs and Stratton who told me that the engine is warranted for 2 years and I could take it to a non-Sears repair shop (only a few) that will actually work on and warrant Craftsman mowers.

Subsequently, after much back and forth with the Sears Social Media person - not the one who posted here, and an offer to replace the mower with the same model (as if I am an ***), they were able to shut me up with a replacement of another model. While this was appropriate for a mower that was in service for about 2 hours, it was a pain in the butt. Upon return of the old mower their service department again told me 'just because the mower doesn't start doesn't mean it's a warranty issue' proves that they are after the extended warranty business. I refused to engage them, even when the store manager tried to sell me an extended warranty on the replacement mower!!

Worth the grief and aggravation?I guess it depends on whether of not the new mower starts next spring.

SearsCares
Sears Response

janscot12,

I saw your post here and I want to apologize for the difficulty you’ve had with your lawn mowers. I can understand how frustrating it is when something you purchased does not perform as expected. My name is Dianne with Sears Social Media Support team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns such as yours. At your convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (janscot12), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com – We look forward to speaking to you.

Dianne D.