With Company response

My 38 month old Sears range burned out the contacts to the heating elements. This should *rarely* happen on a properly designed range, and then only after 15 or 20 years. Fortunately we had purchased an extended warranty, so the problem will be repaired eventually. The repairman said that you should always get the extended warranty since these appliances are not built like they used to be.

So: The appliances are built to fail. When shopping, factor in the cost of extended warranties, risk of fire, and occasional lengthy down time.

Sears built its reputation on quality. What a joke!

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous,

We’re sorry for the troubles you’ve encountered with your range heating elements. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. If further assistance is needed, we’ll be happy to speak with you and have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper resolution for the repair of your range. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous428264) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize and we hope to speak with you soon.

Edwin C.