I took my electric Craftsman mower into the service center to be repaired.It was only 18 months old and was under a 2 year parts and labor warranty.
I got a call from their service center employee the day after I brought it in who starts the conversation by saying they no longer make this product and cant get parts (AFTER 18 MONTHS and its something Craftsman makes?). Then he proceeds to tell me that since they cant get parts they wont repair the unit and I can either come pick it up or they will destroy the mower for me. I ask him how the mower credit will be applied since what I paid for had a warranty and if it will be credited toward another purchase. He said no as he will just mark it up as I must have done something to make the mower motor assembly break.
That he will say it is not any defect so the warranty wouldnt apply and Sears was not responsible. The mower bolts holding the blade and motor housing together snapped while mowing and luckily the blade did not hit me it dug into the ground or else it could have caused major injuries. I asked him how I could have caused the bolts to snap? According to Sears Repair Center Rep it's not their problem and I need to come get my useless $250 Electric Craftsman Mower.
Then he proceeds to tell me they have specials on new mowers and to talk with the manager to see if he might help me out. Sears Warranties are worthless!!!!! I am filing a claim with my Attorney General and have already filed with my credit card company. Sears, this is the second time you have played this warranty game with me.
The frst I blew off as a bad ordeal because it was a $50 item.Not Again though will I be ripped off by your company.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a mattress from Sears that had a 10 year unlimited warranty. They had to replace it due to springs & sagging.The brand of mattress was no longer available..."
- "I bought 2 garage door openers from Sears in the Willowbrook Mall. I also paid for installation, thinking that a Sears Installer would do the work. Instead a..."
- "I went to return a dress that was purchased at shopyourway.com I always make sure that it can be returned at a local store because I hate to send packages back..."
- "i couldn't sent out messages i don't know why ,,it keeps telling me to request for an admin review,,i don't know what this means ,haven't been through this before..i want..."
- "Using Wal-Mart's on-line ordering system I ordered a $60 Net10 card to recharge my cell phone. The Card recharge code was supposed to be sent to me within 48 hours..."
- "I was a paying customer with unlimited items. I posted an MSI video card that could be a category in electronics and computers so I posted it on both. Instead..."
- "I stopped in for my regular 3000 mile oil change and of course they did the usually upsale. Normally I try to do one additional thing each time, this time..."
- "Last night, my wife and I attempted to book a flight for an upcoming trip for 6 members of our family using Orbitz.com. We entered all of the information for..."
- "I paid 317.99$ for 2 tickets on Online City Tickets. Finally the real value for each ticket was 52.75$ per ticket. I paid more than 200$ more that it actually..."