I took my electric Craftsman mower into the service center to be repaired.It was only 18 months old and was under a 2 year parts and labor warranty.
I got a call from their service center employee the day after I brought it in who starts the conversation by saying they no longer make this product and cant get parts (AFTER 18 MONTHS and its something Craftsman makes?). Then he proceeds to tell me that since they cant get parts they wont repair the unit and I can either come pick it up or they will destroy the mower for me. I ask him how the mower credit will be applied since what I paid for had a warranty and if it will be credited toward another purchase. He said no as he will just mark it up as I must have done something to make the mower motor assembly break.
That he will say it is not any defect so the warranty wouldnt apply and Sears was not responsible. The mower bolts holding the blade and motor housing together snapped while mowing and luckily the blade did not hit me it dug into the ground or else it could have caused major injuries. I asked him how I could have caused the bolts to snap? According to Sears Repair Center Rep it's not their problem and I need to come get my useless $250 Electric Craftsman Mower.
Then he proceeds to tell me they have specials on new mowers and to talk with the manager to see if he might help me out. Sears Warranties are worthless!!!!! I am filing a claim with my Attorney General and have already filed with my credit card company. Sears, this is the second time you have played this warranty game with me.
The frst I blew off as a bad ordeal because it was a $50 item.Not Again though will I be ripped off by your company.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Six months ago, we purchased a Kenmore Elite dishwasher. It was the best based on Consumer Reports (I had horrible experience with Samsung, so we were relying on Consumer Reports)...."
- "I bought a Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher from Sears in 2011. The model is 665.13742K603. After two years the buttons have quit working. I read on multiple sites..."
- "This refrigerator is quite cheap, but don't this let the price fool you. The quality of the stainless steel is the worst. After 3 months since we purchased it, front..."
- " I called yesterday to get a tech out here and was told the 30th is the next available date. so, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and until between 4-8pm on..."
- "I recently changed to using the shorter extensions which are better for everyday movement and lighter texture of hair which seemed better to match my very fine hair. First of..."
- "My Porsche left California detailed and in perfect condition. See the pic of it leaving in an empty enclosed trailer. It arrived 3 days later filthy, scratched and..."
- "Will NEVER purchase RTG ever again! We have spent hours dealing with costumer service and getting passed around... worthless!! We bought our 3 piece leather set with power 3 years..."
- "All seams on the chair the dye is all coming off to an ugly white colored leather underneath. Barely any use to the chair. I contacted Slumberland and they said..."
- "I selected my refrigerator delivery for Oct 27 the 4-8 window. On Oct 26, I received a voice message confirming the Oct 27 delivery date and window...."