4.3
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

What’s up with Sears? Called for nearest drop-off location to get my CRAFTSMAN leaf blower repaired and was told to go to the Colonial Heights store at South Park Mall.

Drove over there and was told that service plan was expired and they would no longer repair the product even if it was a CRAFTSMAN product and even if I was willing to pay. Went back home called Sears Parts at 800-252-1698. They referred me to Sears Repair Service 800-469-4663. Sears Repair Service told me the nearest drop off was the Colonial Heights store at South Park Mall.

I explained that I had already been there and she told me to go back and ask for the Store Manager and if there was still a problem for the Store Manager to call her back because that is the documented drop off location for my Zip Code. Before making another trip to Colonial Heights, I made a call to the store. The Store Manager was busy but one of her associates told me that they no longer own the repair function and that it was contracted out. I explained what had transpired.

She said she would discuss with the Store Manager and get back to me.

I think if a customer calls SEARS it should be transparent as to who does the repair. I think if one department of SEARS has a problem with another department of SEARS, that should be handled inter-departmentally and the customer should not have to negotiate back and forth between the two departments.

Review about: Sears Leaf Blower Repair.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Hr associate who screens calls for the store manager is nice, Clever store manager has someone screen her calls, Sears leaves customer in a bind to build character.

I didn't like: Repair drop-off was not accepted, Associate told me to take item to third party for repair, Sears service and repair referred me to store, Store refused service, Sears service and repair referred me again to store.

Comments

bfthptl

Never got a call back form the Store Manager.

Got this response back from SEARS which in addition to numerous grammatical errors seems to dispute that the item in question is a product carried by SEARS. Funny, it has CRAFTSMAN on the engine housing!

Not sure if they are calling me a liar or if they just don't care

Hi Norman,

Thank you for contacting Sears.

I'm sorry to know this but we certainly do not want our customers to experience this.

Upon reviewing your account I regret to inform you that we do not see the Unit listed in the Merchandise List as the purchase was made from the Store. If the unit was listed under Merchandise list we would have set a Service from our to fix the issue.

We being from the back end team we do not deal with Store related issues so request you to reach out Store in this case and I am sure one of our agents will be able to assist you further on this. Regards, Michelle.O Sears Holdings Corporation.

Take it to your local repair shop you will get better service and a better rate. Rochester NY