With Company response

I have been trying for no less than six months to get my dryer fixed. You have sent out a technician six times to fix the same problem.

I still have a broken dryer. My wife is extremely stressed because this is causing a huge issue with keeping our children's clothes clean and not to mention our baby who has been hospitalized four times throughout this period. At this point you have spent more money trying to fix this lemon of a product than it is worth and still have an angry customer. For your information, As of May 2012, my dryer has been giving a CE error code.

The first technician came out on May 17, 2012 with a labor cost of $126.00. At which time he was unable to find an issue. However the same day after he left it was giving the code and was shutting itself off. Since then, my wife has been really stressed out and it has caused her to have to dry our clothes at a laundry mat and sometimes on a clothes line.

I am in the active duty military and due to deployment for over two months my wife has had to deal with this without my assistance. For clarification, the exhaust duct has been inspected and found without fault. The second technician came out on October 8th 2012 with a labor cost of $136.00. At which time he saw the CE error code and an F2 code and after troubleshooting it decided to order a control board, part number 137237100.

The third visit came on October 19th 2012, at which time he installed the control board with a part and labor cost of $269.80. The same day after the technician left it was still giving the CE error code. So I called again and the fourth visit came on October 24th 2012. At which time the technician ordered a control assembly part number 137249950, with a labor cost of $136.00.

The fifth visit came on October 31st 2012, at which time the technician installed the control assembly with a part and labor cost of $269.80. After the technician left the CE code again appeared and the dryer continued to malfunction. The sixth visit was on November 1st 2012. At which time the technician checked Thermal fuse and Thermostat with a parts and labor cost of $195.42.

At which time the technician said it may need to be replaced because the issue was not able to be resolved. After the technician left the CE code again appeared and the dryer continued to malfunction. Due to the excessive down time involved we feel that substantial compensation is warranted.

On November 2nd 2012, I spend hours on the phone and talked with over 20 people with your company. All of them transferred me to a different department.

Just imagine how frustrating it would be to transferred 20 times and hung up on five of those times and still no resolution. More often than not they would pass me right back to the people that said I needed to talk to them. Clearly there is a major communication error and or an understanding of your company's policies and the law. Under the federal lemon law, the manufacture is required to fix the item a reasonable number of times (3-4) and then is required to replace and or buy it back if the problem posits.

Your company told me that I should wait until the one year runs up and just file it under the extended warranty and others in your company told me that because I bought it on a military base that it was on them to fix it. Being given this information it appears that you are trying to not honor the required warranty by law. I have provided you with the facts in this case and your immediate response is requested so this does not have to continue to escalate.

In closing this needs to be fixed immediately.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

My name is Tony and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team at the executive office. I would like to start by offering our sincerest apologies for all of the frustration and inconvenience that this has caused your family, especially your wife. I can certainly understand your aggravation with the situation given that you have been away bravely serving our country while your wife is at home dealing with the dryer issues. Furthermore, the frustration with the continued dryer failures is certainly understandable.

We recognize that we have not lived up to the expectations that are set and apologize for that. We truly value you all as Sears customer’s and we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you all regarding this matter and be your one point of contact within Sears to ensure that this matter is resolved to complete satisfaction.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number that the item is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (356501) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Tony T.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous356501,

My name is Jay and I am part of the Social Media Support team at Sears and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We are truly sorry for the trouble and inconvenience that you have encountered with your dryer unit and our service. We understand the importance of saving everywhere we can and being charged multiple times for something that continues to break down can be very costly. We would like to look further into what has happened surrounding these multiple service orders and see what can be done to correct any mistakes that may have been made and to help minimize your frustrations. At your convenience, please send us an email to smadvisor@searshc.com providing a contact phone number and the phone number that the dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Anonymous356501 or reference number 356501) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Jay C.

Social Media Moderator

Social Media Support Team.