With Company response Not resolved

We usually buy our appliances from SEARS. Washers, Dryers, Stoves and so on.......

Kenmore is a brand name that has been good to me over the years.

When my water heater went out I didn't even think to "shop around". I went right to SEARS ONLINE HOT WATER HEATERS.

I discussed what was here, the unit that failed. Since there have been improvements over the years I asked for a recommendation and since all this department deals with is Hot Water Heaters I felt I was in good hands.

I went with the unit the Sears Associate recommended and I needed it installed.

Since I called before NOON, they could have the installer out the same day.

THEN THINGS WENT BAD.

The installer came in with a tape measure and said the unit in his truck wouldn't fit, it was too tall. So while he was here we called back, ordered the unit that the installer said was best. Fine, they just had to order it in because THAT unit wasn't in stock. It will take 7 days.

OKAY, it's OHIO and it's cold, but I'm sure that MacDonalds runs out fries every once in awhile. We're tough, and I order the unit and 6 days later I call to make sure that everything is on schedule.

SEARS HAS LOST THE ORDER.

They would be happy to order it again (?) and it will take about 7 days.

Sucks to be me. I order the unit and low and behold it shows up in about 5 days.

The installer puts it in, and the whole operation takes about 30 minutes....tops.

Then the installer hands me a bill for a drain pan, and two unions.

$80.00

I don't know what "regular installation" is but the installation of a hot water heater costs more than the heater itself.

This is money I don't have.

I call everyone who can draw breath at SEARS and try to explain that it's been a really tough 12 days of carrying hot water to the tub, cleaning up a flooded basement and THEY LOST THE FIRST ORDER AND IT HAD A DRAIN PAN ON IT.

So far I have a case manager assigned to my problem, they should call in 72 hours but it's been days and I haven't heard from anyone.

I expected Sears to offer something for all they had put me through by sending a unit that wouldn't fit, losing the order for one that would and making me wait 12 days.

Nothing.

Needless to say this is not the store that my DAD shopped in, something has happened and to continue to shop at SEARS makes me a fool.

On Facebook when you type in SEARS, Home Depot comes up.

I think that in the future, since even if Home Depot service isn't

perhaps the best on earth, how could they do worse than SEARS?

They could not.

I guess we all learn lessons the hard way, but we never forget them.

Comments

DennisINfairborn
Dayton, Ohio, United States #609286

Contacting Sears through the Executive Complaint Department was finally semi-successful.

I did have to call them 3 or 4 times.

In the end I did get someone (JOHN I THINK) to take my case and give me some help.

This took several attempts, and I did have to speak with them.

Until I was able to find John no one called me back.

John did.

The best Sears could offer was $150.00 gift card.

I was exhaustd. I took it.

I have learned one thing from this experience.

I will never buy anything from SEARS that I can't carry out the door.

Never will I buy anything that requires any installation.

Am I happy?

But I'm 61 and I simply settled for the best deal I could get, and the knowledge that came with it.

It was, as I said, a Hard Lesson.

But I won't forget it.

It's not the same SEARS that my parents shopped at, bought Kenmore items from and put their faith in.

It's going to go out of buisness and my suggestion would be not to buy any long term WARRANTY from SEARS.

Even if they wanted to honor it, when they are gone it won't be worth anything.

nicksmom
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #594322

I HATE SEARS! DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS!!

NO WONDER THEY ARE GOING OUT OF BUSINESS-THEY DESERVE TO. ORDERED 2 ITEMS-RECEIVED 1-THREE WEEKS LATER NO 2ND ITEM-I CALLED-THEY HAD CANCELLED THE ORDER WITHOUT EVEN AN EMAIL TO NOTIFY ME-NEVER REFUNDED MY MONEY-I HAVE CALLED NUMEROUS TIMES-THEY KEEP BULLCRAPPING ME- IM SICK OF IT-I WANT MY MONEY!@!!!!!

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear DennisINfairborn:

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle issues start to finish with one dedicated case manager. We are truly sorry for first sending the wrong size water heater to your home then losing your order altogether. This is not the type of service that you deserve or the type of service that Sears has long been known for. We would like to speak with you regarding this situation and offer the assistance of a dedicated case manager who can help resolve this issue for you. Please send the following information – contact number, screen name (DennisINfairborn), phone number used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you. Thank you and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Susan R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

DennisINfairborn
to Sears Response Dayton, Ohio, United States #597479

The above respone is typical of SEARS. If you want to get a real respone call Executive Complaints 1-800-995-2139 and make sure that you get someone that understands your frustration.

I finally did. The gentleman was John Taylor and he handled my problem.

AM I HAPPY WITH SEARS?

IT TOOK NEARLY A MONTH TO GET MY PROBLEM RESOLVED.

YOU MUST BE PERSISTANT.

ONCE YOU LODGE AN "EXECUTIVE COMPLAINT" KEEP TRACK OF YOUR REFERENCE NUMBER AND KEEP CALLING UNTIL YOU SPEAK TO SOMEONE.

GOD KNOWS HOW MANY VOICE MAILS I LEFT.

BUT MR. TAYLOR CALLED ME BACK.

AFTER A MONTH HE'S THE ONLY ONE THAT DID.

HE WAS TERRIFIC.

JUST READ THE ABOVE RESPONSE FROM SEARS...I HAVE 4 OR 5 OF THESE RESPONSES AND NOTHING EVER GOT DONE UNTIL I WAS ABLE TO REACH JOHN TAYLOR IN EXECUTIVE COMPLAINTS.

WILL I GO BACK TO SEARS?

NOT FOR INSTALLATION OF ANYTHING.

I WILL BUY ONLY WHAT I CAN CARRY OUT OF THE STORE.

I DON'T THINK THERE ARE THAT MANY JOHN TAYLOR'S OUT THERE.

to Sears Response Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #609459

BULL ***- SEARS DONT CARE!!! I FINALLY HAD TO OPEN A CASE WITH PAYPAL TO GET MY MONEY BACK FROM SEARS!!

THANK GOODNESS FOR PAYPAL OR SEARS WOULD HAVE NEVER GIVEN ME MY MONEY BACK THAT WAS DUE TO ME! A BUNCH OF LIARS- HOW DO YOU PEOPLE SLEEP AT NIGHT!

I HAVE TOLD EVERYONE I KNOW AND I WILL CONTINUE TO TELL PEOPLE TO STAY AWAY FROM SEARS-SEARS NEEDS TO STOP CHEATING PEOPLE OUT OF THEIR HARD EARNDED MONEY!! THEY NEED TO BE STOPPED!