Product: Sears Repair Clear all filters (118 of 505 reviews match)
filters
Product:

Sears Refrigerator Review from San Diego, California

I bought the refrigerator on month of may 2014 the friged freeze our food. I call them and they keep sending me the technician to get repair for 5 times and still not working. I wasted a lot of my food,time dealing for this problem. Its been six months now and the problem hasn't solve.
#920242

Hi there,

We can assist! We want your refrigerator up and running.

Please contact us on one of our social channels to receive the proper assistance you deserve!

• Sears Twitter: http://bit.ly/1BK1jbL

Both channels are moderated from 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and Saturday-Sunday 8am-6pm CT to happily assist our member's with any issues they may have! Thank you, SearsCares

Review
#572029 Review #572029 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Damaged or defective

Sears lack of customer service

1.3
Bought washer/dryer at Sears local store. Installers were clueless and left after 3 hours, failing to install vital components. Left me having to clean up their mess. Repair techs attempt to fix the installers mistakes. One tech ordered parts to be shipped to me, the parts dept. only sent one-fourth of the order. It was determined the installers smashed the venting/exhaust located behind dryer (which was the reason it wasn't doing its job). Sears sent out new venting kit for yet another repair tech to install. When it shipped, Sears shipped the kit with one strand of tape. When I received the box, the box was open and the tape was hanging on by one end. Hope all the pieces are still there. The final service tech said I needed to go into Sears store and talk to store manager because the washer/dryer I bought was clearly too big for my home and I needed to replace with smaller units. Went to store, was told store manager not there. Store manager called me several hours later, said I'm screwed, said Sears can do nothing for me, and I'm better off going somewhere else. Meanwhile, customer service dept. over the phone who had promised me that due to all the distress this has caused me, they would exchange the big washer/dryer and give me smaller units. They reneged less than 24 hours later. I'm done with Sears.

from mbbiowa - It's over. Sears delivered smaller washer/dryer unit and installed it professionally.

I'm in a state of shock.

The nightmare is finally over. Issue is resolved.

from mbbiowa - Final comment on Sears. I miss the Sears from long ago, when my parents would take me with them to the store and would buy me popcorn.

I miss the friendly, smiling sales associates and the many people milling about in the catalog ordering area of the store. When I got older, I miss the satisfaction I felt when I bought something from Sears because it was a good quality item. And although, a long time ago, the store would be so busy with customers that I'd feel a little claustrophobic, I suppose I miss that too. The Sears of yesterday is gone and will never be back.

I'm not sure what happened to cause Sears' demise. It's sad. To remember what Sears used to be and to see the Sears of 2014. Why did management or whoever is to blame allow it to happen?

Does anyone remember how Sears used to be, 30 to 50 years ago? It really was "the" store back then. No more commenting from me on this.

I mourn Sears and pity the remnants of what's left of it.

Update from mbbiowa - Was contacted by Sears today, who are making yet another attempt to make themselves look better in my eyes. Must admit, they were convincing; however, time will tell.

Sears must put their words into action. I'm tired of them saying one thing to please me and then pulling the rug out from under me less than 24 hours later. I will hang on until I see results.

One thing I do know is I will "never ever" set foot inside a Sears store in Iowa ever again. The top management above the store managers, if they want better results, need to hire people who truly want to help others, give their employees proper and thorough training, and get rid of the *** negative employees (especially evil store managers) who seem to take pleasure in hurting other people.

@mbbiowa

Update from mbbiowa - Screwed by Sears yet again; I'm no longer surprised by this. I'm mentally exhausted and am literally done.

If anyone can recommend another company who sells washers and dryers and gives a ***, please let me know. Goodbye.

Hi mbbiowa,

This is definitely not the kind of customer service we strive to provide. We would appreciate the opportunity to regain your trust and turn your experience around. Please reach out to us on one of our social channels:

• Sears Twitter: http://bit.ly/1BK1jbL

Both channels are moderated M-F from 8a-8p CT, Sat-Sun from 8a-6p CT and we’ll take great care of you.

from mbbiowa to Sears Response,

If Sears wants to regain my trust and turn my nightmare (not experience) around, jumping to Facebook/Twitter is not the answer. I want experienced, knowledgeable repair techs.

I want promises that the customer service reps tell me to be kept. A phone call from Sears to me would be nice, and not an automated one. Those things would at least give me an inkling of hope that somebody from Sears truly does care about a real life human with feelings and emotions. Nothing, though, will EVER get me to step inside the Sears store (Merle Hay) in Des Moines, IA...unless I receive an apology from that store, that would help.

But I see none of the above ever happening.

Hello,

Thank you for replying. We absolutely understand your concerns and we would love the opportunity to turn your experience around!

We realize directing members to FB/Twitter may seem odd, however, our pages run as a customer service department and are available to help our member's with issues similar to yours. We do care for all of our members and we want to make sure you receive top notch customer service.

If you'd prefer, please send over your email and we will have our team contact you so we can further discuss.

Sears Member Service

View more comments (6)
Sears Repair
Cons
  • Delivery experience
  • Being lied to
  • Customer service
Poor customer service

Sears in Cincinnati, Ohio - Extended service warranties are a scam.

I had purchased one for a dryer I bought. The dang thing quit heating after a couple of months and was repaired. Not even 6 months later it quit heating again so called repair and was given a date when the repairman would be out and also sent me a box with the 3 parts for the dryer. On the day the man came out he went to the dryer, looked inside, grabbed the box and said they sent the wrong parts. He left and never came back in. I called their service headquarters about it and he had put a message in their system that there was *** in the dryer. The only thing in there was the wet towels from when the dryer stopped heating. Because of his comments they will not return and refuse to reimburse my money for the warranty. I will never step foot in any of their locations as long as they are in business which isn't much longer. Service there has declined severely.

Hi there,

This does not sound like the experience we provide our members. We are alarmed to hear about this.

We'd like to offer our assistance- please reach out to our social channels and we would be happy to assist!

Damaged or defective

Sears has poor service rules!

My treadmill stopped working 8 weeks ago. I called Sears the day it stopped working and set up a service call. The repair person showed up and established (with the help of a Sears Technician) that the faulty part was a $20 speed sensor. He ordered the part and 8 weeks later it came in! When the repair man showed up to install the part the treadmill would still not work! He was told by the Sears technician to try another part....that would take 8-10 weeks to come in!!!!! Each time the service man shows up he charges me for his time as well as his travel (100 km). There is no guarantee that the new part will work and Sears will not allow the repairman to order any more than one part at a time!! It is official!! I've purchased my last item from Sears!! This looks like a warranty that is designed to protect the company and not the purchaser....just like most warranty's

Hello there,

We are disappointed to see you are upset with our services. We value our members and want to be sure you receive the service you deserve every time!

For future concerns:

Please reach out to us on one of our social channels so we can best assist you going forward:

• Sears Facebook: http://on.fb.me/18CwSqp

• Sears Twitter: http://bit.ly/1BK1jbL   Both channels are moderated from 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and Saturday-Sunday 8am-6pm CT to happily assist our member's with any issues they may have!     Thank you, SearsCares

Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the repairman order all the parts that could be wrong with the treadmill. The parts we don't use can be returned to Sears

Sears in Bethesda, Maryland - Samsung Washer Melted

I purchased a Samsung Washer from Sears in Bethesda, Maryland, less than one year ago. When I called customer service to report that the interior of the machine melted, they set me up with a repair service call 10 days from the date of my complaint. I explained that the machine would have to be replaced and I could not wait for 10 days for someone to look at the machine and then wait longer for the replacement. We have small children and need a washer. They would not let me speak with a local service person or give me an earlier appointment. Sears does not stand behind its product or provide reasonable service. I will never purchase anything at Sears in the future.
Sears Response

Whether or not your service call was taken before the original 10 days, we would like you to talk to a Member Experience Manager about this. Please email your full name, address, phone number and the URL to this page to searsservice@searshc.com so we can have an opportunity to make this right again. Thanks.

And another reason that sears is going under....

why didn't you contact Samsung. Most manufacturers handle stuff within warranty.

View more comments (2)

Sears in Dixon, Illinois - Faliure to warrantee mower

Had mower motor go bad within the two year warrantee period. Through a rod. I changed the oil, plug, and filter and stored for winter. When I started it up in the spring the mower through a rod. Sears says it had no oil in it. When I took it in, the store manager checked the oil and saw that it was clean and as I said. The mower was under warrantee, yet the repair dept. said it failed because of lubrication. The mower was a low budget model, ($199.00 new) however to repair the mower they wanted $362.00. Never again will I buy from Sears.
Sears Response

Has this issue been resolved for you?

Sears Response

Has this mower issue been resolved for you?

first you might want to spellcheck your complaint next time there are a number of errors that'll make people think twice about taking your complaint seriously. it's "warranty" not "warrantee" and it's "threw a rod" not "through a rod".

your timeline doesn't make sense either.

you say they tell you it failed because of lubrication or rather LACK of lubrication. you say first "sears says it had no oil in it" but then right after you say "when i took it in the store manager checked the oil and saw that it was clean"

so which is it?

did you bring it in and the SM saw the clean oil then magically the oil was gone?

i smell *** with this complaint and i bet you got found out for having no lubrication in the unit then tried putting it in and then coming back another time and talking to the store manager.

engines do throw rods for lack of lubrication there's just no way otherwise it would have.

so next time take better proper care of your equipment and stop putting the blame on sears. i've dealt with them with my own tool issues and been taken care of and when i had a mower issue i took it to them to have them tell me why it wasn't covered under warranty due to the fact it was stored with gas in it during the winter which gas goes BAD and screws up the carb which is NOT covered under any warranty.

View more comments (2)

Sears in Fort Wayne, Indiana - 3 TECHS OUT AND STILL CAN'T FIND THE PROBLEM

I have an LG washer 2 years old and it stopped working, 2 different "techs" come out, dented it twice, couldn't fix the problem so re scheduled for another "tech" to come out, same result but were rude, today they call and say they can't make it, SERIOUSLY? I called the store with no results and then called corporate, they can only send an email to them to get a faster appointment time, meanwhile I have been without my washer for 2 1/2 weeks, I let them know if it isn't fixed ASAP I will be contacting the BBB and a lawyer! if you sell things and pay for a warranty then you should stand behind your products. HIRE TECHS who KNOW what they are doing! I will not buy another thing from them again!!!
Mike_mn

What does a newer washing machine and the space shuttle have in common? 500,000 parts all made by the lowest bidder!

But really...

why the heck does a washer need to be computerized with a circut board!!!

Displays, lights, and touch buttons are great... but why does a washer have to look like it came out of NASA?

Anonymous,

We thank for taking the time to let us know about this situation. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team.

We can truly apologize for the mishaps that have occurred with your washer repair. We would be happy to connect you with one of our dedicated case managers to assist you and address this matter.

Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous479965), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Liz R.

View more comments (1)
Loss
Sears will NOT take responsibility for damaging my boiler!
Sears will NOT take responsibility for damaging my boiler!

Update by user May 10, 2014

Well, after contacting my local chamber of commerce and Sears corporate headquarters, they FINALLY took responsibility and made good for the damage they did to my boiler. While it took 4 months, numerous phone calls, emails and letters, they rectified the problem they...

Sears sucks.

View more comments
Featured With Official Company Response

Sears in Brookfield, Wisconsin - Failed Deliveries and Failed Promises

As many folks who have complained, I am a long time Sears customer purchasing many major items (Craftsman, Kenmore, etc.). And like many who have posted their complaints, my loyalty is forever damaged. My scenario: My 5 year old Kenmore Elite dryer died. The serviceman said that it would take at least a week to get the part. Given the cost of the part, I opted to decline the repair and decided to purchase a new dryer. I went to Sears (what was I thinking?) and was told that a new Kenmore dryer is in stock and would be delivered the next day. On that basis, I purchased it and took the next day off from work. Yes, you guessed it the dryer never came. I spoke to both "1-800" customer service and the salesperson at the local store (Brookfield, WI) and received apologies and a token promised compensation of a $50 gift certificate (to be processed within 24 hours). Well, against my better judgment, I accepted and agreed to receive the dryer the next day (day "2"). Again, I took time off from work. Yes, you guessed it, it never came. Fuming, I called "1-800" customer service. Boilerplate apologies with no indication of when it would be delivered. I spoke to the local store sales asst. manager and after half-a-dozen explanations, she promised to follow-up. She returned my call and said that the dryer will not be available for another 4 days! I asked to speak to the store manager. George the store manager said that he shares with my frustrations but he has no control on the delivery/operations processes. Hmm, you wonder why Sears is in trouble if they can't even coordinate simple logistics. Infuriated, I went in to Sears to get a refund. Before the refund was approved, another assistant manager intervened. He said that he has "pull" and promised to get it resolved and asked me to wait one more day. He promised to call no later than noon and if he can't solve it then he would compensate my lost time and frustration very well. Being a sucker and holding some faith in mankind, I agreed. Yes, you guessed it, he never called. And oh, I never got the $50 gift certificate let alone the supposed other compensations I was to get for lost of goodwill. Last straw. Broken down management system. Lack of quality service. Failed promises. Unethical dealings. I have so many other Sears appliances and Craftsmen products. Sears doesn't have the management wisdom to realize the lost revenues they will incur from such practices.

Anonymous,

We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team.

We certainly can see why you are so frustrated and upset over what has occurred with your dryer purchase. We would be happy to connect you with one of our dedicated case managers to contact you and address your concerns.

Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous472848), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Liz R.

(888) 204-4019
All Sears Contacts

Sears Reviews

Sears reviews

Have craftsmen gas leaf blower,,,have warrenty till 2015,,have brought back to sears repair in burlingto nj repair site 6 times,,just got back blower on friday ,,blower ran for 5 minutes ,,new gasolin

this blower is a piece of junk,,have brought this to sears,burlington,nj repair store 6 times,,got it back Friday,,1/17/2014,,device ran for less than (5 minutes),,,tried to restart over 10 times,,,,going to return it to sears repairs,,burling, nj site,,rte 541,,,,,today,,1/20/2014 again,,,,,either they replace the engine or get me a new leaf blower or I WILL REPORT THIS TO BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU ,NJ....I SICK OF THIS COMING BACK ALL THE TIME.IWANT THIS FIXED OR A NEW LEAF BLOWER,,6 TIMES IVE BEEN BACK,,,PIECE OF ***,,IM REALLY MAD,,,IM 72 AND HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH SEARS FOR OVER 45 YEARS,,,IF THIS IS NOT RESOLVED,,ALL MY FRIENDS WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS,,AND THE SOCIAL NETWORKS !!!!!!!!!!! CHARLES CHIANESE 9 BEDFORD CT, EASTAMPTON,NJ 08060,,,,CHUCKY0178@GMAIL.COM,,,,,,6092671970

Hi anonymous471940,

Thank you for bringing your leaf blower service issues to our attention, we can see how having multiple service calls on your leaf blower would leave you feeling uneasy with our repair department. My name is Isaac and I’m with the Sears Social Media Support team.

At this time we want to partner you with a member of our case management team that will further review other available options for the leaf blower repair.

Please send the following information – your contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name I have created for you (anonymous471940), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, thank you for taking time to post about your leaf blower repair and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Isaac D.

John N

You need to be more specific as to what the blower does. In other words, what are the symptoms?

Once you describe the symptoms, perhaps people would have an idea what the problem(s) could be. Obviously, something is wrong, but unless we know how it is acting, we cannot help you.

View more comments (1)
Review
#471940 Review #471940 is a subjective opinion of poster.