With Company response Not resolved

I made an online appointment with Sears to repair to fix my Crapsman garage door. My time window for the repair was between 1-5 p.m. on a Tuesday.

I took 1/2 day off work to be home (which they requested) for the service call. At 2:30 p.m. the afternoon of the appointment Sears called and cancelled the appointment.

This is not the first time Sears has made me angry but, it is the last time I will shop at the store or use their repair department. Their customer service is extremely poor. I called American Garage Door in Brighton, Michigan and set up an appt for the next day. I was not required to be home for the service call. My garage door was repaired to my satisfaction.

Stay away from Sears.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Repair.

Company wrote 0 private and 1 public responses to the review from Jun 01, 2011.

Comments

Renton, Washington, United States #1182650

Sears wait times for service are terrible. I used Sears to repair my refrigerator a few weeks ago.

Not only did the repair not fix the problem, but now I have to wait ten days for them to come out again to look at it and my food spoils. They are booked solid.

Don't use Sears.

Caroline

We've been trying to get our dryer fixed, and our appointments have been canceled the day of ON THREE SEPARATE OCCASIONS. And in each case, I've had to schedule a new appointment weeks later because their schedule was full.

I called to ask for my money back, I was basically told "no", and they scheduled me another appointment. I assume they are going to cancel the day of, though.

I have never heard of such a rude, inconsiderate company. Never buying from Sears again, and I'm certainly telling all my friends to avoid them, too.

I'm so glad I found this comment. We bought our water softener from Sears and we are extremely happy with it until it broke down.

We scheduled an appointment and yesterday was the second time they have cancelled, and mind you, on the DAY ITSELF, 2 hours before the appointment window! My husband waited on first appointment but yesterday I took off half a day only to find out that they've cancelled the appointment through a voicemail message received at 11:15am.

I will definitely write a letter to the consumer's report. AND YES, I will never buy from SEARS!!!

SearsCares
Sears Response

To Cathyt,

I completely understand your frustration and disappointment with Sears after this failed service order! I'm very sorry that we cancelled the appointment after making you wait at home. We would hate to lose you as a valued customer and would like the opportunity to resolve this and any past issues you might have with Sears. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the garage door opener was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Cathyt) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.