Verified Reviewer

On Wednesday, October 21, 2020, I called the Sears Repair line to ask about repairs to the console on my Schwinn 270 recumbent bike. The young man told me it would be $99 to send a repairman out to take a look.

I said that I would not be interested in that, because he would either (1) tell me that it cannot be fixed, or (2) charge me an exorbitant amount to fix it. I just wanted to talk with somebody to find out how much it would be. He said, "no, no, he has the parts on the truck to fix it." The bike is only five years old, and I hated to see all that plastic and metal go to the landfill. I said okay.

Please pull up the tape and listen to what he told me.

Friday, October 23. The technician shows up. I watched him. He looked at the console for 3 (that is three) minutes, and then told me that the console needed to be replaced and that it would be an additional $329.

I said, "No, that is not what the repair line told me." He told me he was sorry, but that is what the repair would cost. There were more words exchanged, but I will spare you.

Today I called the repair line customer service. The gentleman on the call said that the $99 was only for the repairman to drive to my house. I said, no, that was not what the repair line had told me.

He started misunderstanding me and delaying. I asked to speak to his supervisor. He put me on hold for quite some time, then told me that his supervisor said that the $99 was non-refundable. I asked again to speak to his supervisor.

He put me on hold for a longer bit of time, then told me that his supervisor was in an extended "meeting." I told him that I would wait. He put me on hold again, and after 20 minutes the line disconnected..

I have used Sears many times over the years, both to purchase appliances and to have them repaired.

Your employee lied to me, and then your customer service condoned the lie. You just lost a faithful customer over $99.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Repair.

Sears Pros: There are no pros.

Sears Cons: Sears condones lying by their employees to scam you.

Comments