2.3
Layout of Store

I purchased a Christmas tree (color switch plus) from Sears by Kmart online last Christmas.It says it has a 3 year warranty.

I put the bottom piece on the stand it lit up, then the 2nd piece. It lit up. Then the last piece and it lit up. Perfect.

I put it away and it is now November. Time to put up the tree again. So I put the bottom in. Nothing lights up.

The rotating stand it attaches to that came with it works fine. The power goes through it so I know it's not a power issue. I've tried 3 different working outlets. No lights.

No burnt, missing or loose bulbs. I only used it for 2 weeks last year. So I call Sears warranty center. After giving them all the info and a 30 min phone conversation.

She tells me I didn't purchase an extra warranty so I would have to go through the manufacturer. Ok no problem. I find out the manufacturer is Kmart which is one in the same with Sears. On the box and the stand it says made in China for Kmart.

So I call Kmart warranty which happens to have the same phone number. I explained that they are the manufacturer and I need a replacement. Another 30 minutes and the representative tells me she will mail me my original receipt and I can take it to a Sears repair center since that's the warranty I have. I asked if she could email it since its 2015 she said no it has to go to the billing address.

I ordered it online so they also have my email. She told me once it gets there it would take 3-6 weeks to repair. Christmas will be over. I wasted $300 on a product that lasted 2 weeks and they won't fix it until after I don't need it anymore.

I have to purchase a new tree.

I purchased a lot from Sears for many years.From clothes to appliances but I will never shop with Sears or Kmart again due to this issue.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of sears repair from Sears. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Sears to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Comments