With Company response Not resolved

Currently on hold (23 minutes and counting) after a supremely frustrating experience with Sears washer/dryer repair service. The "supervisor" or whomever I was supposed to be transferred to, evidently hung up. This, after the following experience of "customer care:"

(1) Initially, we spent 30 minutes explaining to a barely-English-speaking rep that our combo washer and dryer was not draining water. (Provided all serial #s, etc.)

(2) We were given a date one week out for service, and told that we would require two repairmen to service the unit, based on its height (stackable) and the likely issue (pump). We were quoted a price of $129 for the two-servicemen visit.

(3) A single repairman shows up for the appointment, verifies that yes, indeed, two men are needed to service the unit, but alas, there is no one available.

(4) "I can return tomorrow with another person," the repairman tells me: "between 1 and 5pm."

(5) I call the service center to verify, and they respond that NO, absolutely NO appointments are available for AT LEAST another week (i.e., Oct 31). And they continue to tell me, in barely-comprehensible English, that it's my DRYER that they show needs servicing.

When I ask to speak to a supervisor regarding what date two repairmen are ACTUALLY available (so as to have someone at home during the day) -- you guessed it -- I get the ten-minute-plus hold and then the disconnection.

I don't even understand why Sears is using repair services that try to do the job on the cheap. From the bumbling phone reps who would CLEARLY prefer to address clients in Spanish, to the hapless repairmen sent out to waste their time and customers' WHEN THE SCOPE OF THE WORK HAS BEEN DOCUMENTED...it's such a waste of energy and money for all.

So now I'm stuck with a week's worth of dirty laundry, another week to wait to see whether the company gets the memo to send 2 guys this time, and no clue as to whether the pump can be repaired in one visit or not.

I know that I will never, ever purchase any appliance through this company again. Their level of "customer service" speaks volumes. One more customer who will be sure to badmouth Sears at every opportunity. It's outrageous to me that there is no other way to rectify this process than to wait and see. Doesn't Sears realize that how its service vendors are chosen reflects directly on the company?

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

To Tstefflbauer,

I apologize for the poor service that you have received from several Sears phone representatives and for the issues that you are having surrounding the repair of your laundry center. I can certainly understand your discontent with the way your service appointments have been mismanaged. We value you as a customer and would appreciate the opportunity to help resolve these issues and to restore your faith in Sears. My name is James and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the repair appointment is scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Tstefflbauer) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.